|THIS IS A COMMUNITY PAGE|
IT IS OPEN TO EDITS FROM ANYONE
Heavy energy weapon, which hits enemies with a powerful electric charge. Deals great damage in a matter of seconds and reloads quickly. Shows its best at medium range
- — in-game description
|<< PREV||14||Zeus||NEXT >>|
|Damage||10,200 per pulse|
This weapon strikes without warning, sending a searing bolt of energy hurtling across the battlefield to a maximum range of 600 meters. The bolt of energy appears as a thick, white jagged lightning bolt and leaves its target with a white-hot glowing impact point. Its abrupt unload and large burst damage makes it perfect paired with robots that can mount several such as Fury, Natasha and Carnage, or tanks such as Leo.
A target lock is required to fire. The Zeus will only do damage on a clear line of sight shot; there is no splash damage around corners or over obstacles. With a five-second reload time and a one-second discharge time, the Zeus can potentially be fired 10 times per minute. This makes the weapon potentially lethal at even knife-fighting ranges when paired with a Magnum or Taran. Notable examples of this are the Golem and Leo.
As with all energy weapons, the Zeus is unaffected by the Ancile shield, and thus should target any robots with them, as a decent chunk of their health pool is in their shield. However, it can be physically blocked by Ecus and physical/Aegis-class shields, making the weapon somewhat ineffective against these bots. However, it is still a threat to them when they are unshielded, as it only needs a second of vulnerability to deal its full damage, and it is deadly to any robot that lacks a physical shield.
Zeus, like most weapons that require a target lock, automatically targets bots within a certain arc of the direction the robot is facing. This means that it is virtually impossible to dodge. However, if the target exits this arc, the Zeus will lose the lock on on the robot and have to reacquire the target.
Pros and Cons
- Energy attribute allows it to penetrate energy barriers
- High damage per pulse
- Range of 600 meters allows it to engage in mid-range gunfights
- Lock-on attribute makes it extremely hard to miss
- High-velocity pulse making it near impossible to miss an exposed target
- Short reload
- High burst damage, doesn't require long exposure for unload
- Ineffective against physical shields
- Ineffective at close range against specialized brawling weapons
- Mediocre for sustained fighting (although it could be worse *Nashorn*)
- Locking on takes 4 seconds
|Unload Time||Reload Time||Shot
|10||10||0.9||5||1 (sub: 0.1)||1|
|MK 1||Level||MK 2|
|Damage per shot||Damage per burst||Burst DPS||Cycle DPS||Damage per shot||Damage per burst||Burst DPS||Cycle DPS|
|MK 3 Level 1||27,330||27,330||30,367||4,632|
|Notes||1. Damage stats above exclude ability damage (eg. DOT, Freeze, BLASTCHARGE).|
|2. Damage per shot is not always equal to damage value displayed in-game, it represents damage dealt in one press of the fire button.|
|7.9.0||Damage increased by 10%|
|6.8.0||Damage increased by 15%|
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 13 days 16 hours⟶11 days|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 16 days 15 hours 48 minutes⟶13 days 16 hours|
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 95,000,000 Ag⟶63,400,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 28 days⟶16 days 15 hours 48 minutes
Now available for 1,500 gold (can no longer be produced via Workshop 2.0)
|4.2.0||Price changed from 1,500 gold to 10,000 Components (same value)|
|4.0.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 75,660,000 Ag⟶95,000,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 20 days⟶28 days
|3.2.0||Damage increased by 5%|
|3.1.0||Damage increased by 5%|
|2.9.1||Bug fix: Damage is now being registered correctly|
|0.9.1||Damage increased by 9%|
|0.9.0||Now deals maximum damage regardless of how many of these are installed on a robot|
|0.8.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- The Zeus can be deadly to a Carnage, due to the fact it ignores Ancile shielding, and that the hitpoints of it is extremely low for a medium robot.
- The Zeus is a direct reference to the ancient Greek god of the sky and thunder.
- The Zeus, along with the Gekko, originally dealt more damage to a robot depending on how heated up said robot was; the more the robot was hit by these weapons, the more damage it dealt. They now deal maximum damage at all times, although the maximum amount of damage itself was reduced.
- The functions of the Zeus are actually more scientifically probable than most other weapons in the game, save the ones that already exist. The Zeus is like a very powerful Tesla Cannon, which shoots megawatt lightning at a long-range, ionizing the target area and super-heating the air around it, creating a small explosion equivalent to that of a thunderclap, which would destroy a conventional vehicle but only shake robots. This is supported by the fact that the Zeus has to "lock-on," finding what amount of current, at what frequency, and at what particular charge is needed to selectively hit the target and not the ground in front of the cannon. This is also supported by the fact that the Zeus fires a large white bolt of electricity, and the well-known reference to Zeus, the Greek God of Lightning.
- When looking at the front, when the Zeus is locked on, the inside of the Zeus appears to heat up, and when firing, the Zeus visibly shakes.