Now, with the introduction of Titans, Defense Points are an integral part of determining how much damage resistance a Titan or Robot (robots such as Fenrir, Falcon, etc.) has. Defense Points translate to a certain % of damage reduction (reduces damage from all sources).
The official formula for % in resistance is 1- (100/(100+x)), where x is the amount of defense points. The result, as a fraction, can then be converted to a %, or multiply by 100 to find out the percent. It is impossible to fully become invincible with this formula.
A sizeable percentage of the content in War Robots integrate Defense Points somehow into their effects. This is a list of all the content that use Defense Points and the amount of Defense Points that they use (at base level).
These are the robots that use Defense Points/damage resistance.
- Ao Guang, with 400 defense points while its ability is active
- Falcon, with 150 defense points while its ability in inactive
- Fenrir, with 100 defense points while in Defensive Mode
- Invader, with 50 defense points while its ability is active, and for 5 seconds after it's over
- Leech, with 900 defense points while its ability is active
- Mender, with 175 defense points while its ability is active
- Phantom, with 50 defense points while its ability is active
- Scorpion, with 100 defense points while its ability is active
- Weyland, with 18 defense points while its ability is active
- Blitz, with 100 defense points while ability is active (Legendary Pilot Clive Vicious is required)
- Typhon, with 900 defense points after losing 20% durability in 3 seconds provided the resistance has not been activated before (Legendary Pilot Louis Duncan is required)
- Haechi, with 25 defense points passively (Legendary Pilot Amalia Itegumo is required)
- Leech, with 234 defense points while its ability is active (Legendary Pilot Isabella Porter is required)
These are all the Titans that use Defense Points/damage resistance
- Ao Ming, with 100 defense points while on the ground, and 47 defense points while flying
- Arthur, with 70 defense points active passively
- Kid, with 27 defense points active passively, and 100 while its primary ability is active
- Nodens, with 30 defense points active passively
These are the modules that use Defense Points/damage resistance
- Battle Born, with 25 defense points while the effect duration is active
This table will show you how much damage (%) reduction a robot (or Titan) gains based on its overall defense point value.
|Defense Points||Damage Reduction [%]|