|THIS IS A COMMUNITY PAGE|
IT IS OPEN TO EDITS FROM ANYONE
Missile system which fires a volley of 6 homing missiles. The missiles overcome small obstacles and are dangerous for slow robots, but less effective against mobile targets
- — in-game description
|<< PREV||37||Vortex||NEXT >>|
|In-Game Cost||10,000 or 3,000|
|Damage||1,933 per missile|
|Workshop Production Information|
|1 Day Cost||3 Day Cost|
The Vortex is a close-range (up to 350 meters) medium homing missile weapon. It has a light and heavy counterpart (Aphid and Thermite respectively) and can be viewed as the close-range counterpart to the Hydra.
The Vortex is a missile launcher requiring a target lock to fire its homing missiles. The required target lock takes a few seconds to acquire which can put it at a tactical disadvantage in battle, especially against close-range enemies, however an advantage is the weapon can be fired behind cover.
This weapon should be used similarly to the Aphid, using cover to protect the robot to conduct ambush attacks, and should not be used for sustained brawling at close range.
The Vortex has amazing burst power, able to unload 11.5K damage on an enemy in a single burst. This means that the Vortex is best played on robots that have abilities that make them good for hit-and-run combat, including the Kumiho, Scorpion, Ravana and the Leech. The Vortex's ability to traverse obstacles should also be exploited whenever possible, especially to maximize damage while the robot is reloading its ability.
When an opponent has an Ancile on low health, one should fire their Vortex and / or Aphid weapons individually to deplete the Ancile before the other missiles reach the target. This is because if all missiles hit at the same time the shield will be fully depleted but will have absorbed the extra damage due to the timing.
Pros and Cons
- Very high damage
- Can traverse over low obstacles
- A nightmare for slow robots as they cannot evade it
- Lock-on system means it's extremely hard to miss
- Homing attribute allows it to hit enemies that have moved slightly
- Can often hit enemies on the 'head', evading most robots' physical shields
- Deals double damage to physical shields (although it's rare for it to hit)
- Can't hit enemies from 350 meters or farther
- Missiles may spread, making you miss some of your maximum damage potential
- Cannot penetrate any shield
- Long reload makes it hard to fight continuously
- Fires missiles in one volley, so excess damage will be absorbed by an energy shield
|MK 1||Level||MK 2|
|Damage per shot||Damage per burst||Burst DPS||Cycle DPS||Damage per shot||Damage per burst||Burst DPS||Cycle DPS|
|MK 3 Level 1||41,265||41,265||~||4,126|
|Notes||1. Damage stats above exclude ability damage (eg. DOT, Freeze, BLASTCHARGE).|
|2. Damage per shot is not always equal to damage value displayed in-game, it represents damage dealt in one press of the fire button.|
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 24 days 22 hours 45 minutes⟶19 days 20 hours|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 29 days 15 hours 30 minutes⟶24 days 22 hours 45 minutes|
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Time: 45 days 17 hours⟶29 days 15 hours 30 minutes|
Now available for 5,000 gold (can still be produced via Workshop 2.0)
|4.3.0||Damage increased by 15%|
|4.0.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 57,626,000 Ag⟶135,700,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 21 days 1 hour 15 minutes⟶45 days 17 hours
|3.6.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- The Vortex is, in essence, a medium Aphid.
- Vortexes, like Aphids, occasionally will hit the target and no damage will register. Therefore, it is recommended if multiple Vortexes are equipped to fire them one after the other, not all at once, to minimize this bug.
- The name “Vortex” is a swirling rift of the elements. This corresponds with the nature of the missiles- they indeed fire in a cloud together, swirling in a circular motion as they fly.
- Unlike the Aphid (which shoots white missiles), the Vortex shoots yellow missiles.
- While many weapons which are basically heavier variants of lighter weapons have roughly equal damage per projectile and more projectiles, Aphid, Vortex and Thermite have a decreasing number of higher-damage projectiles.