“…Light long-range railgun with a charge system: the longer it charges, the more powerful the shot. Shoots kinetic projectiles accelerated to incredible speed. Such projectiles not only inflict increased damage to physical shields, but also ignore defence systems…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Volt||NEXT >>|
|Range||800 meters|| Single Shot
|Reload||8 seconds|| Defense Mitigation
|Capacity||7 rounds|| Charge-Up
|Workshop Production Information|
|1 Day Cost||3 Day Cost|
The Volt is a mid to long range(up to 800 meters) light kinetic weapon. It has a medium and heavy conterpart (Weber and Gauss respectively) and can be viewed as the kinetic counterpart to the Arbalest.
This railgun has an effective range of 600 meters and a maximum range of 800 meters. It has a charge system: the longer it charges the more powerful the shot. Shoots kinetic projectiles accelerated to incredible speeds. Such projectiles not only inflict increased damage to physical shields, but also ignore defence systems.
Pros and Cons
- 800m range allows robot to fire at enemies without fear of retaliation
- Defense Mitigation attribute allows it to penetrate any robots' damage resistance (if appliable)
- Single shot attribute allows robot to minimize exposure time
- Kinetic attribute allows double damage to physical shields
- Tremendous damage when fully charged
- Fast projectile speed makes it hard to miss
- Long reload
- Ineffective in close combat against specialized brawling weapons
- Single shot means shields will soak up excess damage when destroyed
- Cannot penetrate energy shields
- Horrible at sustained fighting
|6.9.0||Now available in Workshop 2.0|
|6.6.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- A skirmish (Dec 4-Dec 6)showcased this weapon being able to one shot kill, similar to the trebuchet one shot kill skirmish, but only with the death mark module activated.