“…Medium-range rocket launcher. Increased range and area damage make it a good choice for attacking groups of enemies from safe distances…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Tulumbas||NEXT >>|
|Damage||1,350 per rocket|| Manual
|Range||500 meters|| Volley
|Reload||18 seconds|| RWF
|Capacity||8 rockets|| AOE
The Tulumbas is a mid-range (up to 500 meters) medium rocket weapon. It has a light and 2 heavy counterparts (Pin and Avalanche & Trident respectively) and can be viewed as the non-scorching counterpart to the Scorcher and medium-range counterpart to the Orkan.
The Tulumbas shoots 8 (rather than 4) weaker rounds at a higher rate of fire when compared to the Pin. It also has a longer reload time (18 seconds) than both the Pin and the Avalanche. Like its light and heavy counterparts, it has a reload while firing mechanic. Being a missile type weapon it causes splash damage to enemies near the corner of a cover. The missiles need to make contact with the enemy robot, or else they will continue to fly to their maximum distance.
The Tulumbas is not a high DPS weapon, but can deal considerable damage quickly when the clip is fully reloaded (every 18 seconds), with the added benefit of being able to hit targets near a cover's corner, and if lucky damaging multiple robots at once. This makes it impossible for an enemy to corner-shoot you in safety. However, this weapon performs very poorly in close range combat.
Being a mid range rocket weapon, the Tulumbas is best used with other similarly ranged rockets such as the Pin, Avalanche or the Trident. By remaining behind cover or out of range of robots equipped with short range weapons, then only breaking cover long enough to fire off a salvo, before returning to cover is a common strategy.
Pros and Cons
- Burst damage is good
- Mediocre splash damage radius
- Can penetrate physical shields
- Reload-while-firing allows it to reload at any given time
- Sluggish reload when emptied
- Takes down energy shields easily, but that usually empties the clip
- Horrible at sustained combat
- Outclassed by Orkan in close-combat
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 13 days 16 hours⟶11 days|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 16 days 15 hours 48 minutes⟶13 days 16 hours|
|4.0.0||Purchase Cost: 425,000 Ag⟶435,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Cost: 47,600,000 Ag⟶63,400,000 Ag
Total Upgrade Time: 12 days 10 hours⟶16 days 16 hours 12 minutes
|3.1.0||Damage reduced by 5%|
|2.9.3||Firing rate reduced by 10%|
New "reload while firing" mechanism added
|0.9.1||Firing rate increased by 50%|
|0.8.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- The S-13 Tulumbas (which is possibly where Pixonic got the name for this weapon from) is an unguided rocket used on fighter jets, It is usually fired in pairs, and is used for group targets to ensure a sure-fire hit. The S-25 shares the same feature.
- Before the 2.9 update both Pin and Tulumbas utilizing the same missiles with same damage, but the Tulumbas's missiles have a yellow/orange coloration, as opposed the red coloration of Pin missiles.
- There is a food named similar to the weapon. It is named Tulumba.