|THIS IS A COMMUNITY PAGE|
IT IS OPEN TO EDITS FROM ANYONE
“…Heavy rocket launcher for medium range. Fires 3 rockets in succession and deals damage over an area. Great against groups of enemies, robots with physical shields, and targets behind cover…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||16||Trident||NEXT >>|
|Damage||2,550 per rocket|| Manual
|Range||600 meters|| Volley
|Reload||9 seconds|| RWF
|Capacity||Clip: 3 rockets
Burst: 4 rockets
|Unload||Clip: 3 seconds
Burst: 4 seconds
The Trident is a mid-range (up to 600 meters) heavy rocket weapon. It has a light and medium counterpart (Pin and Tulumbas respectively) and can be viewed as the slow-firing counterpart to the Avalanche, and medium-range conterpart to the Exodus .
This weapon functions similarly to the Pin and Tulumbas, being a mid-range rocket launcher with reload while firing mechanism. However, the Trident has a longer range of 600 meters and more than double the damage per salvo.
The Trident is able to deliver incredible damage with the splash damage effect, allowing enemies with the Ecu shield or enemies hiding behind cover to be damaged. This, coupled with its 600 meters range allows the Trident to be a good anti-shield robot weapon. Because of this, it was very popular in the higher leagues, being a great counter to Lancelots and Rhinos, which were then meta. After receiving a buff in Update 4.5, it is becoming increasingly common as it is much more useful as a counter to the Bulgasari, which also has a physical shield.
The missiles need to make contact with the enemy robot to deal damage (or hit a nearby obstacle) or else they will continue to fly to their maximum distance before exploding.
Pros and Cons
- Splash attribute allows it to penetrate physical shields
- Huge damage per rocket
- Quick reload for such tremendous damage
- 600-meter range allows it to engage in mid-range gunfights
- Can essentially hit multiple enemies at once with long splash radius
- Reload-while-firing attribute allows it to reload at any given time
- Ineffective at close range against specialized brawling weapons
- Ineffective against energy barriers
- Rather long reload in general
- Not aiming right is very bad because of its long reload
|MK3||Damage per shot||Damage per magazine||DPS||Damage per particle|
|5.0.0||Splash radius reduced from 19 meters → 12 meters|
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 7 days 3 hours 35 minutes⟶5 days 19 hours 35 minutes|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 8 days 13 hours 35 minutes⟶7 days 3 hours 35 minutes|
Total Upgrade Cost: 63,940,000 Ag⟶31,970,000 Ag
Total Upgrade Time: 17 days 5 hours 12 minutes⟶8 days 16 hours 35 minutes
Price changed from 2,000 gold to 1,000 gold (can no longer be produced via Workshop 2.0)
New firing mechanic (reload while firing)
Reload time reduced by 10%
|4.2.0||Price changed from 7,500 WP to 10,000 Components (2,000 gold)|
|4.0.0||Total Upgrade Time: 17 days 3 hours 11 minutes⟶17 days 3 hours 22 minutes|
|3.2.0||Damage increased by 5%|
|1.1.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- A trident is a three-pointed spear used as a weapon by Poseidon, the Greek god of the seas, likely from where the gun's name was derived, due to its ability to fire three rockets, like the three spear points of the Trident.
- Pre update 2.5, the name prefix “HRS” stood for Heavy Rocket System.
- Before the model change in 4.5, while reloading, it was possible to see each of the 3 missiles being set into position on a revolver. When being fired, the revolver would spin, with each missile being visibly shot out of the weapon.
- According to information on older vk.com page for WWR, back in the 2015 year there was a "propose your own weapon" event, and a "revolver-like missile weapon" won the event. After some period, the prototype for a Trident was born, but the initial model was scrapped. However, there is at least one picture of a developer working on early "revolver-like missile weapon" model, which may be the Trident.