“…Heavy long-range system that shoots bolts of high-temperature plasma. Full charge deals impressive damage but takes considerable time to accumulate. Effective only with precise aiming…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Trebuchet||NEXT >>|
|Damage||385 per charge|| Manual
|Range||1,100 meters|| Single Shot
|Reload||3-23 seconds|| Charge-Up
The Trebuchet is a long-range (up to 1,100 meters) heavy energy weapon. It has a light and medium counterpart (Arbalest and Ballista respectively) and can be viewed as the energy counterpart to the Gauss.
This sniper weapon can be charged up to deal more damage (eventually dealing the most energy damage possible from a single shot). However, it can be fired at any time during the charge for reduced damage. A full charge takes 20 seconds, and after firing the weapon cannot be fired for 3 seconds.
The Trebuchet is a long-range sniping weapon that can hit targets from a long-range (1,100 meters). Works for picking off light robots or chipping away at the health of medium or heavy robots as well as taking down robots with built-in energy shields.
It should be noted that both the Nashorn and Kang Dae have a higher DPM (damage per minute) compared to the Trebuchet; however, due to energy shields, the Trebuchet has become useful on large and open maps, like Yamantau, Canyon, and Springfield. Therefore, if using a jump bot, do not jump too often on open maps due to your robot being extremely vulnerable to the Trebuchet.
Pros and Cons
- Energy attribute allows it to pierce energy shields
- Fast projectile speed makes it hard to miss
- 1,100-meter range allows it to fire freely without fear of retaliation
- Tremendous damage when fully charged
- High accuracy-if aimed right, will not miss
- Single shot attribute allows robot to minimize exposure time
- Single projectile means shields will soak up excess damage when destroyed
- Ineffective against physical shields
- Extremely long reload
- Horrible at sustained fighting
- Ineffective at close range against specialized brawling weapons
|6.3.0||Damage per charge increased by 10%|
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 14 days 3 hours 10 minutes⟶11 days 11 hours 10 minutes|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 17 days 3 hours 22 minutes⟶14 days 3 hours 10 minutes|
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 96,120,000 Ag⟶63,940,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 29 days 15 hours 30 minutes⟶17 days 3 hours 22 minutes
Now available for 2,000 gold (can no longer be produced via Workshop 2.0)
|4.2.0||Price changed from 7,500 WP to 10,000 Components (2,000 gold)|
|4.0.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 63,940,000 Ag⟶96,120,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 17 days 3 hours 11 minutes⟶29 days 15 hours 30 minutes
|3.2.0||Damage increased by 5%|
|2.9.3||Damage increased by 5%|
|1.0.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- In real life, a Trebuchet is a type of catapult that uses a heavy counterweight to throw projectiles weighing up to 350 lbs.
- When the Trebuchet's three second reload time is over, the “barrel” of the weapon opens up into two pieces, indicating that it is ready to be fired. The longer one waits to fire, the greater the intensity of the light coming from the barrel, indicating the higher damage of the plasma bolt that will be fired.
- Four menacing yellow glowing barrels could be seen very far in almost any map, and are very distinctive from any other long-range weaponry, serving as a warning for enemy pilots. Usually, if the light is dim, it is relatively safe to cross the opening on the map or to attack the enemy, due to low damage of a not charged Trebuchet.
- The Trebuchet start charging at the moment player drops the bot, so it is possible to drop a bot early, allowing it to charge before the actual battle begins, allowing the pilot to fire instantly when the game starts dealing almost max damage if the bolt manages to hit the target when fired. This strategy could also be used for the Arbalest and Ballista.
- The Trebuchet's design is reminiscent of a railgun, although the weapon itself does not fire kinetic projectiles as a railgun would in reality.
- Out of all of the heavy weapons in the game the Trebuchet has the fastest projectile in War Robots