“…Missile system which fires a volley of 4 heavy missiles. The missiles overcome small obstacles and can deal tremendous damage to slow robots, but are less dangerous for mobile targets…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Thermite||NEXT >>|
|In-Game Cost||10,000 or 5,000|
|Damage||4,050 per missile|| Lock-on
|Range||350 meters|| Volley
|Reload||10 seconds|| Magazine
|Capacity||4 missiles|| Homing
|Workshop Production Information|
|1 Day Cost||3 Day Cost|
The Thermite is a close-range (up to 350 meters) heavy homing missile weapon. It has a light and medium counterpart (Aphid and Vortex respectively) and can be viewed as the close-range counterpart to the Chimera.
Missile weapons, such as the Aphid and Hydra, are typically used for indirect fire purposes and to harass the enemy. Due to this, as well as its relatively long reload time, the Thermite should be used in the same role, if possible paired with Aphids or Vortexes. Players should use cover carefully when using an all Aphid/Vortex/Thermite build, as your robot is vulnerable while your weapons are reloading. Therefore, it is advised that players hide behind cover whenever possible, and retreat if any brawler enemies are nearing close range. You should try to prioritize targets that are capturing beacons, have low health and those who are approaching you, as well as helping your teammates overall.
Robots equipped with the Thermite can damage most robots significantly, especially when paired with more missile weapons such as the Vortex. Dealing up to 38,400 damage at level 12, any missile build using more than one Thermite, or a combination of this weapon with the Aphid and Vortex can cripple or destroy most light robots in only one or two salvos, and can severely damage medium or heavy robots as well. Although heavy robots have more health, being hit with nearly 40,000 damage in one salvo (without including other Thermite/Vortex/Aphid weapons) will hardly go unnoticed or shrugged off. The indirect fire capability and devastating damage means that most short-range missile builds with multiple weapons can destroy most robots (without Anciles) in only 2-4 salvos.
Players should be aware that Anciles will absorb all the damage of your missiles if they are fired at the same time. Due to this, if a player's energy shield is weakened, you should fire your weapons one at a time, so part of your salvo will damage the robot itself, with the missiles initially fired taking out the energy shield.
Possibilities include using it on robots such as; the Fury with three Thermites, Behemoth with four Thermites (however it can only fire 2 when moving), Leo or Natasha with a combination of Thermites and Aphids. Lastly, the Butch with four of them mounted, however the reload times (10 seconds) counteract the robot's Quick Draw ability's cooldown (20 seconds).
Pros and Cons
- Very high damage
- Can traverse over low obstacles
- A nightmare for slow robots as they cannot evade it
- Lock-on system means it's extremely hard to miss
- Homing attribute allows it to hit enemies that have moved slightly
- Can often hit enemies on the 'head', evading most robots' physical shields
- Deals double damage to physical shields (although it's rare for it to hit)
- Can't hit enemies from 350 meters or farther
- Missiles may spread, making you miss some of your maximum damage potential
- Cannot penetrate any shield
- Long reload makes it hard to fight continuously
- Fires missiles in one volley, so excess damage will be absorbed by an energy shield
|6.0.1||Workshop Prices Changed (Ag/Components): 1 day; 200,000/60⟶140,000/80|
3 day; 660,000/170⟶460,000/230
Total Upgrade Cost: 170,700,000 Ag⟶135,700,000 Ag
Total Upgrade Time: 30 days 13 hours⟶19 days 20 hours
Now available for 5,000 gold (can still be produced via Workshop 2.0)
|6.0.0||Damage increased by 20%|
Projectile speed increased
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 37 days 30 minutes⟶30 days 11 hours|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 45 days 17 hours⟶30 days 11 hours|
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 135,700,000 Ag⟶170,700,000 Ag|
|4.0.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 76,728,000 Ag⟶135,700,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 12 days 10 hours⟶45 days 17 hours
|3.7.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- Thermite in real life is a mix of aluminum and iron oxide, that, upon combustion, produces extremely high temperatures. Thermite is commonly used in welding and pyrotechnics.
- The Thermite fires the second lowest amount of projectiles (four) of any homing weapon, behind the Spiral, which fires three.
- The word "Termit" can be seen on the weapon, possibly referring to the P-15 Termit (An anti-ship missile developed by the Soviet Union in the 1950s).
- Unlike Aphid or Vortex, the Thermite is the only homing weapon that does splash damage, though the blast radius is miniscule.
- Because the Thermite’s missiles does splash damage, this allows it to damage targets above it in certain areas, (i.e the ceiling on central beacon on Moon map.)
- The original concept for this was mostly red and was named Scorpio. The letters on top of the Thermite (Termit) were changed into Scorpio as well.