“…Heavy twin autocannon system, effective at medium to long range. Can fire either single rounds or in full auto. A terrifying weapon for enemies with physical shields…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Tempest||NEXT >>|
|In-Game Cost||10,000 or 5,000|
|Damage||680 per round|| Manual
|Range||800 meters|| Automatic
1.2 second delay bug?
|Capacity||70 rounds|| Acceleration Mode
The Tempest accelerates its fire rate up 50% from the normal firing speed if it is fired continuously for longer than 3 seconds. The accelerated state ends if the firing is halted for more than 1 second.
This is one of two heavy weapons with a range of 800 meters, (the other being the Kang Dae) making it very good against Ancile shields and physical shields from a safe distance. Also, being a kinetic weapon allows it to deal double damage to physical shields.
Some good choices of robots to mount this weapon on are the Fury or the Raijin. Note that the Raijin can use its Bastion ability giving it a 30% increase in overall damage. Other robots for the Tempest include the Leo and the Natasha, paired with Molots due to the synergy between them.
Pros and Cons
- Can hit targets from afar (800-meter range)
- Bullets barely spread, meaning weapon is still relatively accurate in long-distance battles
- If it fires for 3 seconds straight it begins firing at 1.5 the speed
- Deals x2 damage to physical shields
- Whole magazine needs to be empty in order to reload
- Outclassed by many weapons in short range combat
- Cannot penetrate any shield
Accuracy By Distance
|200 meters or less||100%|
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 24 days 22 hours 45 minutes⟶19 days 20 hours|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 29 days 15 hours 30 minutes⟶24 days 22 hours 45 minutes|
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 170,700,000 Ag⟶135,700,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 58 days 17 hours⟶29 days 15 hours 30 minutes
Now available for 5,000 gold (can still be produced via Workshop 2.0)
|4.3.0||Damage increased by 13%|
|4.0.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 63,940,000 Ag⟶170,700,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 17 days 3 hours 11 minutes⟶58 days 17 hours
|3.4.0||Damage increased by 5%|
|3.2.0||Damage increased by 5%|
|3.1.0||Damage increased by 5%|
|2.9.3||Damage increased by 20%|
|2.9.1||Weapon was added to the game|
- A "tempest" is a violent or windy storm. This suits the weapon as it has high cycle damage
- The reloading animation shows the guns moving back and the bullets stacking up until a bullet is placed in the chamber, then the guns move back into firing position.
- The Tempest's reload animation has the two ends of the gun go back for a second before reloading.
- The Tempest was one of the first weapons to use components as it's value.