|THIS PAGE HAS BEEN LOCKED|
ONLY REGISTERED MEMBERS MAY ADD CONTENT TO THIS PAGE
Close range energy weapon. High rate of fire and significant damage make this weapon extremely dangerous for any opponent who finds themselves in its range
- — in-game description
|<< PREV||22||Taran||NEXT >>|
|Damage||840 per plasmoid|
This plasma cannon can be used in early leagues for deadly builds, for example on a Griffin, Fujin, Lancelot or Gareth can be equipped with Magnums on light slots and Thunder on heavy slots. Its verry strong in beacon based gamemodes due to the close range fights that are likely to happen. The deadly bursts can be used to steal kills or quickly deal a lot of damage, which makes it a perfect weapon in FFA. Its main weakness is TDM due to lots of high range combat.
In medium leagues the weapon remains relevant and can be upgraded further, in the meta the weapon is less likely to be seen but can still dish out a lot of damage in a short salvo. In champion league the best builds using Taran are the Leech with 4 Tarans, the Fenrir with 2 Tarans and a Redeemer, Glory or Devastator, Ravana with 3 Tarans or a Typhon with 4 Tarans. Other robots can work, as long as they are used in 200m-350m range most of the time. In any closer range Tarans get outperformed by other Weapons and becomes hard to aim. The price for a weapon with a damage potential this high is actually cheap, why i would recommend leveling them up and maybe even keep a pair of these in your hanger as your league rises.
- Energy attribute allows it to penetrate energy shields
- High accuracy-damage doesn’t decrease the further the target is from the robot
- High damage per clip
- Extremely good at sustained fighting
- Short reload
- Salvos can be used to steal most kills in FFA
- Ineffective against physical shields
- 350-meter range is very short
- Must expose robot for a long time to maximize damage potential
- Must empty clip before reloading
|MK 1||Level||MK 2|
|Damage per shot||Damage per burst||Burst DPS||Cycle DPS||Damage per shot||Damage per burst||Burst DPS||Cycle DPS|
|MK 3 Level 1||11,760||94,080||10,547||6,497|
|Notes||1. Damage stats above exclude ability damage (eg. DOT, Freeze, BLASTCHARGE).|
|2. Damage per shot is not always equal to damage value displayed in-game, it represents damage dealt in one press of the fire button.|
|6.3.0||damage per particle ↑ 5%|
|5.3.0||Delay between shots increased from 0.12 seconds → 0.15 seconds|
Delay between bursts increased from 0.85 seconds → 0.9 seconds
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 14 days 3 hours 10 minutes⟶11 days 11 hours 10 minutes|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 17 days 3 hours 22 minutes⟶14 days 3 hours 10 minutes|
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 96,120,000 Ag⟶63,940,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 29 days 15 hours 30 minutes⟶17 days 3 hours 22 minutes
Now available for 1,500 gold (can no longer be produced via Workshop 2.0)
|4.3.0||Damage decreased by 12%|
|4.2.0||Price changed from 5,650 WP to 10,000 Components (or 1,500 gold)|
|4.1.0||Bug fix: Projectiles can no longer phase through enemy targets with a mass (wall, hill, etc.) behind them|
|4.0.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 48,005,000 Ag⟶96,120,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 12 days 21 hours 23 minutes⟶29 days 15 hours 30 minutes
|2.9.3||Damage increased by 15%|
|1.1.0||Firing rate reduced|
|1.0.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- The term “Taran” refers to ramming in Russian, referencing the brutal amounts of damage several Tarans can deal when combined with itself or other close ranged weapons.
- In addition “Taran” also means thunder in Gaelic.
- As each burst of plasma is fired, one of the red charges visible at the back of weapon disappears. During reload, the dots reappear one by one.
- Despite being a plasma weapon, the Taran has notable recoil, resulting in a small spread which can allow it to damage bots that are mostly behind cover and bypass some physical shields.
- Taran was originally named "E-SG Taran". This name was changed in the 2.5 update (January 26, 2017 update on IOS, January 19, 2017 on Android) to avoid confusion, along with all other weapons.
- Taran also means "Ram" in Polish.