“…Light and accurate kinetic machine gun for medium range. Shoots all the ammo in one burst and quickly recharges. Every round deals damage over time after hitting a target…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Sting||NEXT >>|
|Damage||532 per round|| Manual
||40/sec (for 5 seconds) per round|| Volley
|Range||600 meters|| Magazine
|Reload||3 seconds|| DOT
The Stings ia a corrosion-based machine gun capable of inflicting damage over time (DOT) for a duration of 5 seconds per bullet (40 damage/sec at level 1). Unlike its medium and heavy corrosion counterparts the Wasp and Viper, the Sting fires its entire clip in only one second (to a maximum range of 600 meters) and has a quick reload time of 3 seconds. One unique feature the Sting possesses is the ability to fire at an enemy with 100% accuracy even if the pilot's cross-hair is not located in the enemy's red target box. Prior to this, only weapons with the lock-on feature could do this. Due to this feature, this weapon can pair well with weapons that require a lock-on, such as the Spark, Scourge, or Zeus.
Pros and Cons
- High accuracy-damage barely decreases, even at max range
- 600 meter range allows mid-range gunfights
- Quick reload
- Deals corrosion damage-attack the enemy even if they're hiding
- Deals double damage to physical shields
- Tracking rotation makes it hard to miss (although it's the only weapon in the game that can do this without lock-on)
- Good at sustained combat
- Cannot penetrate any shield
- Barely noticeable damage (in the first few levels)
- Barely noticeable corrosion damage
- Not great in close combat against specialized brawling weapons (though could be worse)
Corrosion Damage (Per Second)
|Level||Mark I||Mark II|
- This table shows the corrosion damage (per second for 5 seconds) of each individual bullet.
|6.3.0||Shell damage increased by 10%|
Corrosion damage increased by 10%
|5.7.0||Projectile dispersion reduced|
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 14 days 3 hours 10 minutes⟶11 days 11 hours 10 minutes|
|4.7.0||Damage increased by 10%|
Total Upgrade Time: 17 days 3 hours 22 minutes⟶14 days 3 hours 10 minutes
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 96,120,000 Ag⟶63,940,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 29 days 15 hours 30 minutes⟶17 days 3 hours 22 minutes
Now available for 2,500 gold
|4.4.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- This weapon can be recognized by its rapid staccato pulse separated by several seconds.
- The five small spines on the back of the Sting retract as it is fired, from left to right. They extend again as it reloads, also from left to right.
- So far, this is the only weapon that automatically locks onto targets without needing any time to capture target.
- The Sting is the smallest light weapon in the game.
- This weapon was added on October 22, 2018.