|THIS IS A COMMUNITY PAGE|
IT IS OPEN TO EDITS FROM ANYONE
“…Light and accurate kinetic machine gun for medium range. Shoots all the ammo in one burst and quickly recharges. Every round deals damage over time after hitting a target…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||51||Sting||NEXT >>|
|Damage||532 per round|| Manual
||40/sec (for 5 seconds) per round|| Volley
|Range||600 meters|| Magazine
|Reload||3 seconds|| DOT
The Stings ia a corrosion-based machine gun capable of inflicting damage over time (DOT) for a duration of 5 seconds per bullet (40 damage/sec at level 1). Unlike its medium and heavy corrosion counterparts the Wasp and Viper, the Sting fires its entire clip in only one second (to a maximum range of 600 meters) and has a quick reload time of 3 seconds. One unique feature the Sting possesses is the ability to fire at an enemy with 100% accuracy even if the pilot's cross-hair is not located in the enemy's red target box. Prior to this, only weapons with the lock-on feature could do this. Due to this feature, this weapon can pair well with weapons that require a lock-on, such as the Spark, Scourge, or Zeus.
Unfortunately, this weapon is easily outperformed by Shredder and Magnetar in sustained mid-range combat, and does not have good synergy with Viper and Wasp which are meant to be its Heavy and Medium counterparts. Its meagre corrosion is easily outperformed by Toxin, and its brawling capabilities are low. Thus it is not recommended to get this weapon unless you can afford several at the same time, and complimenting another more powerful weapon such as Avenger or Hornet.
Pros and Cons
- High accuracy-damage barely decreases, even at max range
- 600 meter range allows mid-range gunfights
- Quick reload
- Deals corrosion damage-attack the enemy even if they're hiding
- Deals double damage to physical shields
- Tracking rotation makes it hard to miss (although it's the only weapon in the game that can do this without lock-on)
- Good at sustained combat
- Cannot penetrate any shield
- Barely noticeable damage (in the first few levels)
- Barely noticeable corrosion damage
- Not great in close combat against specialized brawling weapons (though could be worse)
- Outperformed by almost any other weapon with a similar range (possibly only beating Punisher and Molot)
|MK3||Damage per shot||Damage per magazine||DPS||Damage per particle|
Corrosion Damage (Per Second)
|Level||Mark I||Mark II|
- This table shows the corrosion damage (per second for 5 seconds) of each individual bullet.
|6.3.0||Shell damage increased by 10%|
Corrosion damage increased by 10%
|5.7.0||Projectile dispersion reduced|
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 14 days 3 hours 10 minutes⟶11 days 11 hours 10 minutes|
|4.7.0||Damage increased by 10%|
Total Upgrade Time: 17 days 3 hours 22 minutes⟶14 days 3 hours 10 minutes
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 96,120,000 Ag⟶63,940,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 29 days 15 hours 30 minutes⟶17 days 3 hours 22 minutes
Now available for 2,500 gold
|4.4.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- This weapon can be recognized by its rapid staccato pulse separated by several seconds.
- The five small spines on the back of the Sting retract as it is fired, from left to right. They extend again as it reloads, also from left to right.
- So far, this is the only weapon that automatically locks onto targets without needing any time to capture target.
- The Sting is the smallest light weapon in the game.
- This weapon was added on October 22, 2018.