“…Unique energy weapon for medium range. Fires an energy impulse that bounces from one target to the next, but which decreases in damage with each bounce. Most effective against groups of enemies…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Shocktrain||NEXT >>|
|In-Game Cost||10,000 or 5,000|
|Damage||781 per charge|| Lock-on
|Range||500 meters|| Single Shot
|Reload||4-9 seconds|| Charge-Up
|Capacity||5 charges|| Chain
|Workshop Production Information|
|1 Day Cost||3 Day Cost|
This energy weapon, upon firing, will unleash all charges that are currently stored in the weapon (a maximum of 5), with damage increasing for more charges being loaded. This mechanism is similar to the Trebuchet, because this weapon can charge while not firing, thus increasing the damage the longer you wait after firing. Also, it is similar to the Zeus due to requiring a target lock.
The Shocktrain has the unique ability that allows it to hit multiple robots, in succession (chain). When the original target is hit, each robot within 100 meters of the target will also be hit with that same projectile, but with 50% less damage for each subsequent robot. Stealthed robots will not get hit by the chain effect.
Due to high burst damage, it makes this weapon very dangerous to robots grouped together, which increases the overall damage of each shot. This, combined with its short reload time, can put a large dent in a group medium or heavy robots.
It isn't uncommon to see this weapon mounted on the Spectre or Bulgasari. They can use their Descend and Dash abilities respectively to get in and out of the range of targets. The Bulgasari has three hardpoints positioned high and to the right side, allowing it to shoot over and around cover, from up to 500 meters away, while the Spectre has the advantage of being able to use 4 of them.
Pros and Cons
- Energy attribute allows penetration of energy barriers
- Large damage at full charge
- 500-meter range allows mid-range engagements
- Chain attribute allows multiple hits per strike
- Lock-on attribute makes it extremely hard to miss
- Mediocre reload
- Not good at sustained combat
- Single shot means excess damage is absorbed by barriers if destroyed
- Ineffective against physical shields
- Ineffective at close range against specialized brawling weapons
- Loud noise and bright glow makes it easy to spot and alerts enemies to its presence.
|6.8.0||Damage increased by 10%|
|6.0.1||Workshop Prices Changed (Ag/Components): 1 day; 290,000/60⟶140,000/80|
3 day; 950,000/170⟶460,000/230
Total Upgrade Cost: 170,700,000 Ag⟶135,700,000 Ag
Total Upgrade Time: 30 days 13 hours⟶19 days 20 hours
Now available for 5,000 gold (can still be produced via Workshop 2.0)
|5.6.0||Maximum charges reduced from 6 → 5|
Damage per charge increased by 10%
|5.0.0||Maximum charges reduced from 7 → 6|
Damage per charge increased by 5%
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 37 days 30 minutes⟶30 days 11 hours|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 45 days 17 hours⟶37 days 30 minutes|
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Time: 58 days 17 hours⟶45 days 17 hours|
|4.3.0||Damage decreased by 13%|
Chain range reduced from 150 meters → 100 meters
|4.0.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 48,005,000 Ag⟶170,700,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 12 days 21 hours 23 minutes⟶58 days 17 hours
|4.0.0||Bug fix: Chained charges no longer hit stealthed targets |
Bug fix: Chained charges no longer travel through walls
|3.7.0||The number of charges increased from 5 to 7, damage per charge slightly decreased|
A fully charged shot deals approximately the same damage as before
|3.4.0||Damage reduced by 50% after each subsequent hit|
|3.3.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- This weapon has the longest name in War Robots with 10 letters.
- It takes players 30 days and 57 million silver to obtain this weapon (creating packs of 170 with all 6 slots active).
- This weapon is the only weapon in this game that can directly hit multiple robots at once.
- It is also the only weapon with fading damage upon hitting robots.
- When in battle, the reloading animation appears as if the three prongs are rotating.
- Be advised that using this weapon on almost any bot will make people focus you.
- There is currently a bug where the first charge takes 2 seconds to reload, then the rest reload normally.
- This is one of the seven weapons with a charge-based firing system, the others being Trebuchet, Ballista, Arbalest, Volt, Gauss, and Weber.
- At one point, it was one of the most hated weapons due to the fact that it unloads instantly and the chain feature ruins teamwork.