|THIS IS A COMMUNITY PAGE|
IT IS OPEN TO EDITS FROM ANYONE
“…Shell is a further development of the DSC engineers' defensive concept. The hull is surrounded by durable physical shields, and a special energy core is located in the center. Thanks to it, this walking fortress can make short sprints to key points, while the excess heat generated by the core can damage and knockback enemies that came too close. …” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Shell||NEXT >>|
|In-Game Cost||Real Value||Exp Level|
|Armaments||Standard Paint Jobs|
|Default Weapons||2x Punisher 1x Thunder|
|Module Slots||Legendary Paint Jobs|
The Shell's ability is called Atom. Upon activation, the Shell accelerates by exposing it's core and using it's heat to thrust it forward whilst it opens up its shield configuration, allowing enemies without splash weaponry to damage it directly from both the front and the back. After 5 seconds, the Shell overloads its core unleashing an explosion within a 100m range. Any enemies caught within this explosion will be knocked back into the air and will receive 15,870（at base level) damage. After the explosion Shell retracts its shields and enters a 7-second cooldown phase before Atom can be used again.
The Shell also comes built-in with 8 physical shields, wrapped around the robot's hull, protecting itself from fire from all sides. Each of these shields has info needed durability and will be shot off separately if destroyed. Being physical shields, they block energy and sonic fire, but take double damage from kinetic shells and are mitigated entirely by flamethrower and rocket weapons.
The Shell is aptly described a scaled-down version of Arthur. The only noticeable differences are that it has physical shields that wrap all around the robot, has a speed boost that goes with its damaging blast, and has stats and weapons fit for a robot and not a Titan. It comes with 2 Light and 1 Heavy hardpoints similar to Arthur's weapon layout of the 2 Beta and 1 Alpha which essentially are the 2 Light and 1 Heavy hardpoints of the Shell, and is also notably arranged in the same manner (The larger weapon is mounted centrally on the top, the smaller weapons mounted on either side). Because of its all-around protection and decent firepower, Shell is an excellent bot for area defense and holding/capping beacons.
A weakness of the Shell is splash damage weapons, as they splash past Shell's physical shields, damaging both shield and bot. Because of this pilots should be vigilant for enemies wielding weaponry such as Cryo or flamethrowers, or even worse Scald-type weapons. Another weakness is when it uses its ability, enemies can directly damage the bot from the front and the back as its shields expand during ability use, so it is recommended to turn and face 45 degrees away from the direction you are receiving enemy fire. Flying bots can also reach angles that allow them to fire over Shell's physical shields to inflict damage. Notable dangers include Hawk or Ao Jun; the shield is rendered useless. One other weakness is that corrosion weapons like the Viper or Hornet that hit it during it's ability will continue to damage Shell, so overexposure can ultimately result in a death from corrosion damage. Due to Shell's eight shields being individual, a single hit from for example the Hellburner's Overload will damage the robot as well as all 8 shields, essentially dealing 9x damage output and charging Nuclear Amplifier very quickly.
The Shell can be extremely effective if played in coordinated squads or clans, since it can draw attention and tank damage from multiple sides, allowing allies to either obliterate them while they're distracted or to nullify their potential with status effects such as Lockdown, Suppression or EMP, giving the Shell a temporary window to shred the enemies. Alternatively Shell can ambush a point as a spearhead of an attack, which can rout the defenders for a continued assault.
When solo, using Shell's ability to rush large groups of distracted enemy robots is a valid strategy, as one can detonate to damage multiple enemies, while its ring of shields will protect it from fire from all sides.
However, while Shell is a powerful robot with a devastating ability, its low speed and ability cooldown make retreat near impossible, so it is recommended to choose your battles carefully. Furthermore, its ability in fact does only around half of Hellburner's Overload, but this can be balanced with superior firepower, shielding and the Revitalizing Intensifier on drones.
- The Jump Unit allows the Shell to leap forwards into the air (If you use the ability to speed up before jumping, you can cover much more horizontal distance), meaning a well aimed jump can allow Shell to get close to a target extremely quickly.
- Lock-Down Ammo is mainly for the use in conjunction with its ability, as it allows the Shell to prevent the enemy from moving and thus forces them to remain still for 5 seconds which makes them a sitting duck for the Shell's ability damage. It also mostly negates the Shell's slow speed and thus allows the enemy to stay in a flurry of hellfire for longer.
- Death Mark is a great choice for increasing damage from both Shell's ability and its relatively impressive firepower, while also making the enemy a universal target for your allies to train their fire on. Though this is not the best, as Shell will take a lot of damage and the Revitalizing Intensifier completely outperforms Death Mark.
- Finally, the Advanced Repair Unit is the best choice if the Shell doesn't have the Wonderworker or Mechanic Pilot skills. Due to the Shell's ring of shields, it won't be able to take damage from sonic weapons (most of the time), and thus allows the Shell to heal up after an assault from a splash weapon.
These are the recommended setups for the Shell:
Note: When "Opt." is next to a slot type, it refers to one of the multiple options that can be used in combination with the other weapon(s) slot type(s).
Each slot type is filled with only one particular weapon. For example, if a robot has 3 lights all three of those slots are filled with Pinatas, as mixing weapons of the different ammunition types is not recommended.
Close Range (350m or less)
|Slot Types →||Heavy Slot
(Opt. 1) ↓
(Opt. 3) ↓
(Opt. 1) ↓
(Opt. 2) ↓
(Opt. 3) ↓
(Opt. 4) ↓
|#Slots →||x1||x1||x2||x2||x2||x2||Name (If Applicable) ↓|
|Setup 1 →||Shotgun (Opt. 1 Light Slot)|
|Setup 2 →||Mini-Inferno (Opt. 1 Light Slot)|
|Setup 3 →||Mini-Plasma Death Button (Opt. 1 Light Slot)|
|Setup 4 →||Mini-Death Button (Opt. 1 Light Slot)|
|Setup 5 →||Mini-Leadhose (Opt. 1 Light Slot)|
|Setup 6 →||Mini-Sonic Shotgun (Opt. 1 Light Slot)|
|Setup 7 →||Mini-Energy Shotgun (Opt. 1 Light Slot)|
|Setup 8 →|
The Shell is a powerful close-combat unit geared to take out enemies quickly, but with its shields can change to sustained combat if required. The ideal setup for the Shell involves high damage per second weapons such as Sonics, Flamethrowers/Toxin-type weapons, and Cryogenic rocket launchers for the 20% damage boost. Scald and Incinerator are also extremely proficient at taking down other Shells or even Titans. Thunders and Gusts can be used to take down other Shells considerably quickly provided they are decently leveled, and Calamity and Spark can take down enemies on the approach towards them, though this is not recommended since you lose lockdown often when brawling with Shell, and you will not be able to damage other Shells.
Despite maybe seeming viable, Viper and Avenger-type weapons are not recommended as Shell will be in combat for most of its playtime, and the long reload will become a fatal issue. The cryogenic laser weapons, Hel and Snaer, are also not recommended as they are outperformed by many other weapons at close range and cannot counter other Shells.
- The use of Sniping, Mid-range, Long Reload or Indirect Fire weaponry, as they don't fit the Shell's role very well as a brawling, beacon capturer and ambush unit that is almost constantly under fire and dishing out damage.
|In the workshop Yes or No||Faction|
|Version||Exp Level||Tier||Wiki Class||Class||Ability|
|MK 1||MK 2|
Images may have been resized to fit in the page. Click on an image to view actual size.
|6.8.0||New special edition model: Dread Shell (Lunar New Year 2021)|
|6.7.0||Robot added to the game.|
- During the first test server session of testing out the Shell, you could put an Ancile on it. This was eventually carried into the live server.
- Many consider the Arthur to be a scaled-up/Titan version of the Shell and vice versa.
- Shell is the first robot of its class that does not utilize digitigrade legs, thus giving it a more humanoid-like appearance.
- The Shell has a blind spot that is roughly 60 degrees above their field of view, preventing them for targeting anything above them. This makes it harder for the Shell to fight against flying robots, such as Fafnir, that are able to maintain itself within its blind spot.