“…Energy system that burns enemies with an energy arc. Damage increases as the distance decreases: no enemy lasts long against this weapon at point blank…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Scourge||NEXT >>|
|In-Game Cost||10,000 or 7,500|
|Damage||143 per charge|| Lock-on
|Range||600 meters|| Automatic
|Reload||5 seconds|| Magazine
|Capacity||85 charges|| Close Combat
|Workshop Production Information|
|1 Day Cost||3 Day Cost|
This energy weapon is essentially a large mid-range taser, and it is the medium equivalent of the Spark and Calamity. Locking onto a target and firing an electrical arc that sticks to them and does continuous damage as long as you remain locked-on. It has to empty its clip in order to reload, meaning this weapon must be fully discharged while locked onto a target before reloading.
The Scourge has the special ability to inflict more damage the closer it is to the target. Due to this it can work for both mid and close ranged encounters. It's similar to the Zeus, but with a much longer discharge and a decrease in damage the further away the target is.
Overall the burst DPS is higher on the Taran within the range 350 meters or less. However, the Scourge has a higher cycle DPS below 350 meters and a range of up to 600 meters.
It can be effectively mounted on many different robots. Particularly on a robot that also has a heavy hardpoint, as the Zeus can then be paired with the Scourge. Both have the same maximum range and the target lock feature, as well as both dealing energy damage. It also goes very well with the spark, both having same lock-on, range, and close combat feature.
Robots that would normally be more exposed to enemy fire at close range such as the Fujin, Kumiho, and the Bulgasari can make very good use of this weapon, as it provides better sustained damage as opposed to the burst damage of the Tulumbas, as well as having the option to become a brawler at will. The capability of Bulgasari's shield to take serious abuse allows it to also, with Scourge, be utilized as an effective brawler.
Pros and Cons
- Energy attribute allows it to penetrate energy barriers
- Lock-on attribute makes it extremely hard to miss
- Critical damage at close range (300 meters or less)
- 600-meter maximum range allows mid-range combat
- Extremely good at sustained combat
- Ineffective against physical shields
- Damage is barely noticeable at range
- Needs to empty entire clip in order to reload
Damage By Distance
|Range||Damage % (+/-)|
|50 meters or less||+137%|
*Green: Increase in damage
*Red: Decrease in damage
- This data was tested in-game on flat terrain
- Values can vary slightly; elevation changes and the size (frame) of the target can effect the damage output %.
|6.3.0||Damage reduced by 15%|
Ammo capacity reduced by 15%
|6.1.0||Workshop Prices Changed (Ag/Components): 1 day; 140,000/80⟶150,000/60|
3 day; 460,000/230⟶510,000/170
Total Upgrade Cost: 135,700,000 Ag⟶170,700,000 Ag
Total Upgrade Time: 19 days 20 hours⟶30 days 13 hours
Price changed from 5,000 gold → 7,500 gold
|6.0.0||New alternative model: Ivory Scourge (6th Anniversary)|
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 24 days 22 hours 45 minutes⟶19 days 20 hours|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 29 days 15 hours 30 minutes⟶24 days 22 hours 45 minutes|
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 170,700,000 Ag⟶135,700,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 58 days 17 hours⟶29 days 15 hours 30 minutes
Now available for 5,000 gold (can still be produced via Workshop 2.0)
|4.3.0||Damage decreased by 6%|
|4.0.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 48,005,000 Ag⟶170,700,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 12 days 21 hours 23 minutes⟶58 days 17 hours
|3.7.0||Damage dealt at 400 meters to target (100%) unchanged|
Max damage (closer than 400 meters) increased from 170% → 250%
Min damage (further than 400 meters) decreased from 50% → 25%
|3.4.0||Damage increased by 5%|
|3.1.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- Its shape somewhat looks like the Shocktrain, or an right side up Calamity.
- A scourge is something that causes great suffering. To scourge is to cause great suffering.
- The Scourge's sound was changed in update 4.2.
- It takes 24 days and 22.08 million silver to acquire this (producing packs of 230 using all 6 slots).
- A build with with all scourges or with Spark and Calamity is called a Lightning Death Button.
- There are several variations: the Calamity can be interchangeable with the Zeus in some instances (mainly for lower leagues) and the Scourge can be replaced with Ion.
- Cataclysm and Cyclone are also part of the Lightning Death Button family, but the term is very rarely used for them due to their exclusiveness to Titans.
- The limited edition - Ivory Scourge - fires multiple, thin, golden energy arcs and has a slightly different sound effect when firing.