|THIS IS A COMMUNITY PAGE|
IT IS OPEN TO EDITS FROM ANYONE
“…Heavy close-range energy weapon which strikes enemies with bursts of plasma. High damage and moderate rate of fire, quite dangerous for any target within range…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||34||Redeemer||NEXT >>|
|In-Game Cost||10,000 or 7,500|
|Damage||1,420 per plasmoid|| Manual
|Range||350 meters|| Automatic
|Reload||5 seconds|| Magazine
|Workshop Production Information|
|1 Day Cost||3 Day Cost|
The Redeemer is very similar to the Taran, but has more than twice the power in a single burst at the cost of less ammunition per clip and a slower rate of fire. The Redeemer has a 5-second reload time and a clip that depletes in around 10 seconds. Like the Taran, the Redeemer has a high DPS (Damage per Second), a range of 350 meters, and being a plasma (energy) weapon it bypasses built-in or mounted Ancile shields. Lastly, it features very fast and accurate projectiles.
Good options for this weapon include mounting them on a Fury, Lancelot, Inquisitor, Ao Jun, or the Raijin. The Fury can fire with 3 of them which allows for destructive energy damage. However, the Fury’s large size, slow speed and lack of shielding makes it vulnerable as a brawler.
The Lancelot or Inquisitor along with 2 Tarans are also viable setups due to the synergy between the two types of weapons. The former using it's Rush ability to get in range, along with its built-in physical frontal shield giving it staying power. The latter using Descend to close in quickly and deal tremendous plasma damage without fear of retaliation.
Recent meta builds are Behemoth and Ao Jun, since the former has unparalleled firepower of 4 heavy hardpoints, and the latter has stealth and mobility while its abiity is active, avoiding most of the cons of the Redeemer.
Finally, the Raijin, which receives a damage increase of 30% while in Bastion mode, gives the bot the firepower equivalent of 2.6 Redeemers along with a physical shield at the cost of being stationary. Mounting 4 of them on a Butch is not recommended as the Quick Draw ability cooldown is much slower than the Redeemer's unload time, as well as the fact that its large size and average health make it unsuitable as a brawler. Although it does less damage than the Ember and cannot ignore physical shields, it does deal damage in significantly less time per barrage, and is cheaper to obtain. However, pilots must be aware of its slow firing speed which can lead to poor accuracy, especially when being circled or against fast-moving targets (e.g Pursuer)
Pros and Cons
- Energy attribute allows it to penetrate energy shields
- High accuracy-damage doesn't decrease the further the target is from the robot
- Extreme damage per clip (slightly lower than Ember)
- Extremely good at sustained fighting
- Short reload
- Very effective against light robots
- Ineffective against physical shields
- 350-meter range is relatively short
- Must expose robot for a long time to maximize damage potential
- Must empty clip before reloading
|MK3||Damage per shot||Damage per magazine||DPS||Damage per particle|
|6.8.0||Damage increased by 7%|
|6.6.0||New limited edition model: Cryptic Redeemer (Operation: Cryptic Fall (Part 2))|
|6.3.0||Ammo: 21 → 32|
Plasmoids per burst: 3 → 4
Damage per particle: ↓ 45%
|6.0.1||Workshop Prices Changed (Ag/Components): 1 day; 200,000/60⟶150,000/60|
3 day; 660,000/170⟶510,000/170
Now available for 7,500 gold (can still be produced via Workshop 2.0)
|5.3.0||Clip size increased from 18 plasmoids → 21 plasmoids|
|5.0.0||Clip size increased from 12 plasmoids → 18 plasmoids|
Plasmoids per shot increased from 2 → 3
Delay between plasmoids decreased from 0.2 seconds → 0.15 seconds
Delay between shots 1.5 seconds → 1.3 seconds
Damage per plasmoid decreased by 29%
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 37 days 30 minutes⟶30 days 11 hours|
|4.7.0||Damage increased by 5%|
Total Upgrade Time: 45 days 17 hours⟶37 days 30 minutes
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 135,700,000 Ag⟶170,700,000 Ag|
|4.3.0||Damage increased by 14%|
|4.1.0||Bug fix: Projectiles can no longer phase through enemy targets with a mass (wall, hill, etc.) behind them|
|4.0.0||Value (USD): $100⟶$75|
Total Upgrade Cost: 76,308,000 Ag⟶135,700,000 Ag
Total Upgrade Time: 17 days 3 hours 11 minutes⟶45 days 17 hours
|3.7.0||Delay between shots reduced from 2 to 1.5 seconds|
Damage per shot reduced by 13% (level 12 from 9770 to 8500 per plasmoid)
Ammo capacity increased from 10 to 12 plasmoids
|3.5.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- The shape of the Redeemer is similar to the Zeus.
- It was able to be won through the Halloween 2018 event, but only parts at a time.
- The definition of "redeem" is to compensate for the faults or bad aspects of something.
- It has the second slowest unload speed of all energy weapons, falling behind the Ember and Taran, with 9.4 seconds compared to their 10 seconds.
- Prior to the 5.0 update, Redeemer was the only weapon that fired two shots per burst. In 5.0, it was tweaked so it fired three shots per burst, but the individual projectiles' damage was reduced slightly.
- The Redeemer's current burst fire (3 plasma bolts per burst) no longer fits with it's "special description" (I always strike twice).
- The Redeemer is one of the weapons in the game that got no nerfs throughout the years. It used to be an extremely underestimated weapon which was rarely used.
- Prior to version 5.3, the clip capacity of the Redeemer has been more than doubled, rising from a mere 10 shots to 21.
- There is a bug, that makes the Redeemer reload much slower (almost double its reload time) and has a glitched reload animation on the test server.
- Cryptic Redeemer has similar look to Gauss Flayer used by Necrons from Warhammer 40000 Universe.