|THIS IS A COMMUNITY PAGE|
IT IS OPEN TO EDITS FROM ANYONE
A walking fortress, Raijin is a mechanical embodiment of positional warfare and heavy armaments. Considerably outperforms any opponent at long-range gunfights
- — in-game description
|<< PREV||30||Raijin||NEXT >>|
|In-Game Cost||Real Value||Exp Level|
|Armaments||Standard Paint Jobs|
|Default Weapons||2× Nashorn|
|Module Slots||Legendary Paint Jobs|
The Raijin's ability is called Bastion Mode. When activated the Raijin raises its two shields (which resemble a pair of Ecus) while elevating its torso and gaining a 30% damage increase for each weapon. This provides both protection and a better field-of-view to fire its weapons at the cost of the Raijin being unable to move. (It can still move its torso).
If enough damage is dealt to the physical shields they will eventually break, albeit the separate health pools usually cause one to break before the other. The shields partially protect Raijin from explosives, but do nothing against sideways and vertical impacts from homing missiles such as Spirals and Hydras.
The Raijin is the third most durable robot in the game with a health pool of 250,000 hit points (HP) at level 12, surpassing the Leo at 244,000 HP but short of the Invader and the Ravana (268,730 HP). Its pair of physical shields are extremely durable, making the Raijin the robot with the highest health pool in the game when combining the durability of both shields.
The Bastion ability and large health pool allows the Raijin to provide excellent area defense and to hold beacons. The Raijin has below average ground speed so popular weapon loadouts in the lower leagues are long-range weapons such as the Nashorn or Trebuchet. In the middle leagues the Raijin is used for mid-range (e.g with Dragoons or Zeuses) fire support or close-range (e.g with Avengers or Embers) defensive engagements.
The Raijin's large size and mediocre speed cause it to suffer against more mobile and heavily armed opponents, such as the Leech, and the fact that Bastion Mode leaves it immobile adds to its vulnerability.
Like its quadruped counterparts, the Raijin has special maneuvering characteristics. Quadruped robots do not suffer from landing lag when they fall from a high place whereas other bots are seen pausing as they absorb the shock. Quadruped robots are able to change directions rapidly since their legs allow them to move in any direction without turning, whereas other robots must rotate their lower bodies to the new direction.
One of the most distinctive characteristics of the Rajin is its ability to climb and reach locations even jumping robots such as the Cossack, Griffin, Inquisitor, Spectre, and Rogatka cannot. However, this robot cannot climb 90-degree slopes or walls but the Raijin's descent is significantly slowed down when "hugging" the wall surface.
When engaging a Raijin it is important to consider weapon damage types. A bot equipped with accurate Energy weapons will be at a disadvantage when facing a Raijin head on due to the Raijin's physical shields providing protection. Explosive weapons, however, can partially bypass the shields and are generally more effective at destroying Raijins. Weapons with cones of fire can be effective due to Raijin's relatively large frame and hit-box, as substantially more weapon particles will hit the Raijin that would miss against a normal bot, maximizing damage.
Note: A particular advantage of the pilot activating Raijin's Bastion Mode is that the raising of the shields moves the enemy's target lock above the robot and its shields before they are fully raised. This causes the enemy robot to miss a few of its shots.
Some effective builds for the Raijin are:
Close Range (350m or less)
Long Range (800-1,100m)
|Slot Types →||Heavy Slot ↓|
|#Slots →||x2||Name (If Applicable) ↓|
|Setup 1 →||Gunship|
|Setup 2 →||Christmas Tree|
|Setup 3 →||Death Star|
|Setup 3 →||Railgun|
Note: Although the Avenger has a range of 500m, it is most effective when used as a close-range weapon (due to bullet spread). Due to its outstandingly high damage however, it can fired at 500m and below whilst approaching the enemy robot(s).
- Using an Ancile shield with any weapon other than the ones listed above, although it does allow for physical and energy shielding, it doesn't make up for the lack of firepower in most cases.
- Using Double Zenits is also not recommended due to relatively low damage and low accuracy. Unless in significant numbers (3+) or in combination with other weapons, Zenits aren't particularly useful in the current meta, but have their advantages in low-mid leagues.
- The use of Double Nashorns or Kang Daes is not recommended mainly because the Nashorn has lower burst DPS than a Trebuchet (which is the main sniping weapon in mid-high leagues), a much slower projectile speed and cannot bypass energy shields (which are also common in mid-high leagues). The Kang Dae, whilst more powerful and more commonly used, is nevertheless inferior to the Trebuchet for these reasons, but by less.
|7.9.0||Shield (x2) durability increased by 20%|
|5.0.0||Shield (x2) durability increased by 13%|
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 14 days 3 hours 10 minutes⟶11 days 11 hours 10 minutes|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 17 days 3 hours 22 minutes⟶14 days 3 hours 10 minutes|
|4.5.0||Can no longer be produced via Workshop 2.0|
|4.2.0||Price changed from 15,000 WP to 10,000 Components (valued at 4,000 gold)|
|4.0.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 40,549,000 Ag⟶63,940,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 26 days 15 hours 8 minutes 40 seconds⟶17 days 3 hours 22 minutes
|3.3.0||New skin: Black Widow (Halloween 2017)|
|3.1.0||+30% damage to overall firepower when in Bastion mode|
|3.0.1||Speed increased by 10%|
|2.5.0||New skin: Blue Mitsudomoe (Lunar New Year 2017)|
|1.9.0||Bug fix: No longer has difficulties firing while under the cover of its shield.|
|1.6.0||Speed increased from 25 km/h to 33 km/h|
Ability animation decreased to 2 seconds
|1.4.0||Robot was added to the game|
- The Raijin is one of the largest robots in the game - because of this, it is vulnerable to splash damage and weapons such as Thunders, Punishers, and Molots. The Fury also suffers from this problem
- This robot has the third largest health pool out of all the robots in the game, losing only to the Invader and Ravana.
- In addition to having the highest chassis HP, the Raijin has the highest combined HP (main body HP + shield HP) of all robots in the game
- Raijin is Japanese for “Thunder God”.
- The Raijin, along with the Fūjin, was introduced on April 19, 2016
- The early prototype of the Raijin had a different design and was called the Bastion. The Raijin is a replacement/spiritual successor of this robot, as it features similar abilities and designs, as well as having a special ability called Bastion Mode. The canceled robot can still be seen in some trailers
- Raijin's initial name can be seen on the Pixonic Roboduck poster, and one can see that it was called "Bastion" on 1 April, just 18 days prior to the official release
- The Raijin is one of 5 robots that has a built-in Écu-like physical shield, the others being the Rhino, Lancelot, Galahad, Bulgasari and Gareth and one of the only 2 with multiple shields (Lancelot is the only other robot with multiple shields)
- The Raijin is one of five quadrupedal robots, the others being the Fujin, Weyland, Rayker, and Invader
- The Raijin is one of three robots that can climb up >90 and some 90 degree obstacles, the other two being the Weyland and the Rayker
- It is possible for a Raijin to lose one shield and have the other remain intact. In cases such as this, the pilot may easily tilt the robot a tiny bit so that the damage is still blocked by the remaining shield, but the pilot is still able able to shoot and hit the opponent. This way, the pilot can take full advantage of the shields
- Due to its body area being so wide, in the small tunnels and passageways like the ones on Moon or Shenzhen, the Raijin may block the area, preventing other robots from getting past and will have to wait for the Raijin to move out of the way
- The Raijin does not suffer from landing lag due to being a quadrupedal robot
- Due to its four legs, the Raijin can hang off the side of ledges without falling off. This can be used to gain a better vantage point for sniping or allow other bots to walk past you on a small path where you would otherwise block the way
- The Raijin has the words "thunder god" written in Japanese "雷神" in front of the shield when not in Bastion mode. It can easily be viewed in 3D mode in the hangar
- Raijins can perform several glitches. On the map Dead City, the can climb the invisible boundary at one side of the map. This grants it a high elevation to fire, but doing this will attract attention and will draw fire towards you. In Springfield, you will be able to climb up the mountains and the dam, giving you a better vantage point. But if you climb too high, you might fall out of the map and will not be able to return
- This robot is the only robot with the ability to increase its weapon's base damage whilst in a match
- This robot is one of 2 robots that can use an ability to raise a shield (or shields), with the other being the Rhino
- Despite being significantly larger than the bots mentioned below, the Raijin can still outrace Lancelots (without ability), Rhinos (without ability), Natashas, Leos, and Furies of the corresponding level, boasting a speed of 36 km/h at lv9
- It is possible to avoid sniper weapons such as the Trebuchet by activating the Bastion Mode ability right before your enemy fires. While the Raijin's target hit-box goes up immediately, the robot itself rises more slowly, so the shot passes overhead. This can also be accomplished by exiting bastion, though there is the risk of the shot striking the legs
- in some places in certain maps Raijin can climb 90 degree walls. With one of these places being Yamantau at one of the spawns
- Raijin has made a couple of appearances on the War Robots Logo App, equipped with a pair of Trebuchets
- The Fujin and the Raijin were portrayed by Ogata Korin on a picture
Raijin is the one of the bots from the Japanese faction
- This robot was added on March 3, 2016.
|TIER I • Bolt • Cossack • Destrier • Gareth • Gepard • Jesse • Gl. Patton • Rogatka • Stalker • Vityaz|
TIER III • Ao Guang • Bulgasari • Bulwark • Cerberus • Falcon • Fury • Haechi • Hellburner • Inquisitor • Loki • Nemesis • Mender • Mercury • Pursuer • Raven • Rayker • Spectre • Strider • Weyland • Tyr
TIER IV • Ao Jun • Ares • Behemoth • Blitz • Demeter • Erebus • Fafnir • Fenrir • Hades • Hawk • Harpy • Invader • Jaeger • Khepri • Leech • Nightingale • Orochi • Phantom • Ravana • Revenant • Scorpion • Shell • Siren • Skyros • Typhon •
|ACTIVE • Advanced Repair Unit • Death Mark • Jump Unit • Lock-Down Ammo • Phase Shift • Quantum Radar • Repair Unit • Shieldbreaker|
PASSIVE • Anticontrol • Armor Kit • Balanced Unit • Battle Born • Cloaking Unit • Fortifier • Heavy Armor Kit • Last Stand • Nitro Unit • Nuclear Amplifier • Nuclear Reactor • Overdrive Unit • Thermonuclear Reactor
|Ao Ming • Arthur • Heimdall • Kid • Luchador • Nodens • Minos • Sharanga • Murometz|
|BETA • Cinder • Cuirassier • Cyclone • Kisten • Krait • Lantern • Retaliator • Rupture • Squall|
|Antimatter Reactor • Cannibal Reactor • Plated Armor Kit • Self-fix Unit • Singular Reactor • Titan Accelerator • Titan Armor Kit • Quantum Sensor|
|Armadillo • Beak • Defender • Discus • Fly • Glider • Good guy • Ironhearth • Nebula • Octanian • Paralysis • Persephone • Reviver • Sharpshooter • Sidekick • Starter • The Eye • Wasp • Whiteout|
|Adam O'Leary • Adrian Chong • Alexander Frost • Alex Werner • Alika Renner • Amalia Itegumo • Andrey Kvasov • APPM-3TR • Ariadne Shaw • Arnav Poe • Ash Skarsgard • Basil Lapatte • Bernadette Wolff • Boris Crow • Chester Coen • Clive Vicious • Cormac de Vos • Damned Johnny • Drew Tompkins • "GHOST" • Isabella Porter • Iskra • Jad Parkes • Jack Moore • Jerry Fortune • Johanna Flynn • Kang Strong • Kyle Rogers • Lilian Statera • Linda Cano • Louis Duncan • Manni • Maya Patel • Michelle Dubois • Midea Nerium • Min-ji Novak • Nicolas Wodanson • Olga Minina • Rafael Petit • Rose Lin • Sam Stone • Sigrun Valka • Soren de Vos • Stanislav Chen • Svyatogor Belov • Tal Mokri • Thomas Mindread • Tobias Mwangi • Vasilisa Maximova • Virginia Walker • Yang Lee|
|Dreadnought A42 • Mantis • Monarch • Orion • Northlight|
|Laser Blast Cannon • Repair Blast Station • Target Ray Cannon • Periodic Fix Station • Aegis Blast System • Aegis Self System • Gravity Amplifier|
|Abyss • Canyon • Carrier • Castle • Dead City • Dreadnought • Factory • Moon • Power Plant • Rome • Shenzhen • Springfield • Valley • Yamantau|
|Lunar New Year • Christmas • Halloween • Icarus Cyber Show • Icarus Pre Season • Sixth Anniversary • Yan-di Showdown • Gladiator Championship|
|STANDARD • Boa • Golem • Schutze|
LIMITED EDITION WEAPONS • Biomechanoid Nucleon