|THIS IS A COMMUNITY PAGE|
IT IS OPEN TO EDITS FROM ANYONE
Energy auto-cannon for medium range with a special feature: each round has a chance to lock down the enemy
- — in-game description
|<< PREV||46||Pulsar||NEXT >>|
|In-Game Cost||10,000 or 7,500|
|Damage||600 per energy round|| Manual
|Range||600 meters|| Automatic
|Reload||5 seconds|| Magazine
|Capacity||24 energy rounds|| Root
|Workshop Production Information|
|1 Day Cost||3 Day Cost|
This energy auto-cannon can root enemies at a 600-meter range, performing well as a close- / mid-range suppressor. The Pulsar has a relatively high Damage per Second (DPS), with the added effect of rooting enemy targets.
With its short 5 second reload, robots equipped with the Pulsar can guard home and near-home beacons, stopping enemy robots and allowing teammates with more firepower to race over to help. This tactic of suppressive fire at range can be devastating on open maps such as Yamantau, Shenzhen and Canyon.
The power to temporarily immobilize enemy robots is very useful in game modes such as Beacon Rush and King of the Hill (unavailable), where capturing a beacon first can mean not only more points but an extra spawn point.
The Pulsar has the largest effect on the Dash robots Kumiho, Strider, Haechi, Bolt , and Bulgasari. The ability to lock them down and deprive them of their mobility (one of their key strengths) can lead to their destruction or crippling. It can also effectively ground robots capable of jumping, preventing a locked down robot from leaving the ground. It does not prevent Descend robots (Spectre and Inquisitor) from entering stealth, but Mercury cannot activate Helldive, which means it cannot enter stealth mode and explode. It is also useful against Hellburners, as the lock down can prevent it from getting too close and activating its overload explosion.
Finally, being a medium weapon, the Pulsar has heavier firepower than its light counterpart the Magnetar. Also being an energy weapon, the Pulsar can be deadly to ambush robots (such as the Spectre) or robots with in-built energy shields (such as the Carnage). If pinned down, not only will the energy bolts hurt more due to these robots under-average health, but for stealth ability robots such as the Spectre and Inquisitor, they can be left vulnerable if pinned down in the open and unable to move when their stealth runs out.
Pros and Cons
- Energy-based projectiles allows gun to bypass energy shielding
- Large damage within range (0m-600m)
- Quick reload
- Can lock-down enemies
- High accuracy-particles barely spread
- Does not have capability to lock-down an enemy down in one clip
- Ineffective against physical shields
- Ineffective at close range against specialized brawling weapons (eg. Havoc)
|Unload||Min DPS||Max DPS|
|MK 1||Level||MK 2|
|Damage per shot||Damage per magazine||DPS||Cycle DPS||Damage per shot||Damage per magazine||DPS||Cycle DPS|
|MK 3 Level 1||2207||52970||10032||5152|
Effect Accumulation %
The higher the percentage the more effective the weapon's projectiles are at accumulating the root effect (allows the weapon to bypass an enemy's root threshold faster).
Note: Mark II levels 1-12 does not increase accumulation values (Mark I level 12 is the highest accumulation possible).
Accuracy By Distance
Below is the average percentage (%) of projectiles (out of 24 energy rounds) that hit an enemy robot (if aimed directly at) at specific ranges.
|500 meters or less||100%|
Note: The numbers shown are based on an average-sized robot being targeted. Due to this, these percentages can be higher or lower depending on the size of the targeted robot.
|6.3.0||targeting issues fixed|
|6.0.1||Now available for 7,500 gold (can still be produced via Workshop 2.0)|
|6.0.0||Now roots enemies after a certain number of projectile hits (rather than random activation)|
|5.4.0||New alternative model: Sinister Pulsar (Operation: Raging Typhoon)|
|5.0.0||Damage increased by 13%|
Rate of fire increased from 3.7 rps (rounds per second) → 4.5 rps
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 37 days 30 minutes⟶30 days 11 hours|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 45 days 17 hours⟶37 days 30 minutes|
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Time: 58 days 17 hours⟶45 days 17 hours|
|4.3.0||Damage increased by 12%|
|4.1.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- It takes 30 Days and 34.2 Million Silver to acquire it (Producing packs of 170 taking 3 Days, using all 6 slots).
- This weapon does not possess 100% Accuracy at maximum range.
- The word "Pulsar" means a highly magnetized star that emits electromagnetic radiation.
- Prior to Update 5.0, the firing animation is no longer synchronized with the number of projectiles being fired out of each barrel.
- When a robot gets hit by a Pulsar round, it makes an electric sizzling sound quite similar to that of when being hit by a Scourge or Spark.
- The special variant - Sinister Pulsar - has a more mechanical firing sound than the regular Pulsar
- If one looks really closely, this, the Shredder, and the Halo has the same color scheme.