“…Close-range rocket launcher with a high rate of fire. Rockets deal area damage. Effective against groups of enemies and robots with physical shields…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Pinata||NEXT >>|
|Damage||690 per rocket|| Manual
|Range||300 meters|| Volley
|Reload||15 seconds|| RWF
|Capacity||Clip 17 rockets
Burst 19 rockets
|Unload||Clip 1.7 seconds
Burst 1.9 seconds
The Pinata is a close-range (up to 300 meters) light rocket weapon. It has a medium and heavy counterpart (Orkan and Exodus respectively) and can be viewed as the close-range, non-freezing counterpart to the Pin and Rime.
This rocket launcher has a maximum range of 300 meters. It delivers a massive amount of damage over a very short period of time, making two fully upgraded Pinata's fairly dangerous at close range. It uses the reload mechanism that allows it to fire at the same time as it reloads.
The Pinata is similar to the Orkan and Exodus, both have the same range and are capable of penetrating physical shields, and while the splash radius is not as great as the Pin, it can still damage robots partially behind cover. The missiles will only explode if they either touch a robot, or are within 10m of the targeted bot. Otherwise they will fly to their maximum distance.
It is common to see three Pinatas on a Leo, or four on a Jesse or Gl. Patton, as three or four of these can cause crippling damage. They are also frequently mounted in pairs on a variety of robots including, the Destrier, Stalker, Gepard, and Vityaz in lower leagues, the Rhino and Griffin can be seen with these even up into the higher leagues. They are also frequently paired up with two Orkans on a Griffin or Rhino, called "Death Button" (DB for short) for the devastating damage that could be dealt in one salvo.
Pros and Cons
- Burst damage is insane
- Can penetrate physical shields
- Reloads while firing
- Low range (300 meters)
- Depends a lot on skill, If you miss the entire burst volley, you're screwed (Although its not hard to hit your target, unless they have dash)
- Has a small splash damage radius (10 meters)
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 13 days 16 hours⟶11 days|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 16 days 15 hours 48 minutes⟶13 days 16 hours|
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 31,700,000 Ag⟶63,400,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 8 days 9 hours⟶16 days 16 hours 12 minutes
|4.3.0||Damage decreased by 9%|
|3.1.0||Damage increased by 5%|
|2.9.3||Damage increased by 5%|
1 more shot in clip added
Firing rate decreased from 10 rps → 8.3 rps
New "reload while firing" mechanism added
|2.5.0||Prefix "SURA-F" removed|
|0.1.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- The weapon name Pinata sounds like a Piñata (Where a large, decorated and fashioned container is repeatedly hit by a stick until it opens, spilling all of the contents out (usually candies.) This event usually occurs at parties.).
- Its successor, the Orkan, is like a bigger version of the Pinata, having a lot of similarities. The differences are that it has more rockets (25 vs 17), and each rocket deals slightly more damage.
- The Pinata used to have the prefix "SURA-F", making it "SURA-F Pinata". This was later removed to avoid confusion, along with other weapons that had a prefix.