|THIS IS A COMMUNITY PAGE|
IT IS OPEN TO EDITS FROM ANYONE
A truly elusive robot saboteur and an engineering breakthrough developed by the Icarus corporation. Phantom possesses the unique ability to teleport from one place to another
- — in-game description
|<< PREV||56||Phantom||NEXT >>|
|In-Game Cost||Real Value||Exp Level|
|Armaments||Standard Paint Jobs|
|Hardpoints||2x Light + 1x Medium|
|Default Weapons||2x Punisher + 1x Punisher T|
|Module Slots||Legendary Paint Jobs|
|Workshop Production Information|
|1 Day Cost||3 Day Cost|
The Phantom has a unique ability named Blink. Upon activation the bot sets up a trans-locator, gains a 50% speed boost (90 km/h at max speed), and activates a defense system lowering all incoming damage by 33% of Defense Points. Secondary activation teleports the bot back to the trans-locator point.
While the Phantom's ability is active, quick turns slow down the robot momentarily. Maximum speed can be maintained by making a long, slow turn instead of a quick, instant turn towards your destination.
The Phantom has relatively low firepower (1 medium and 2 light points) but possesses high hit points and when the Phantom activates its ability, gains high ground speed and defense points, making the bot a "tanky" beacon capper and excellent for flanking, hit and run tactics, or serving as an assassin. The Phantom's low-mounted hardpoints allows it to inflict damage against Lokis and other small stealth bots.
The Phantom excels at hit-and-run tactics since it can use its ability to close in on a target, inflict damage, then blink back to safety. The Phantom can also use its ability for flanking maneuvers and to cause disruption behind enemy lines.
For close-range engagement high burst Damage Per Second weapons (e.g. Rime or Orkan) are recommended. By taking full advantage of the Phantom's ability to teleport back to safety, you can quickly unload maximum damage in minimum time (to minimize damage taken) and then teleport back to safety, giving you time to activate any Modules or Pilot Skills you need and to reload your weapons.
If you are fortunate enough to have activated the Phantom's ability before falling off an edge (such as the river in the map "Castle"), you can teleport back to safety.
The Phantom is actually the first robot with the ability to teleport, bringing with it a new tactical dynamic to the game. It is considered a mid-high threat in both middle and higher leagues.
These setups are recommended for the Phantom:
Close Range (350m or less)
Images may have been resized to fit in the page. Click on an image to view actual size.
|7.9.0||Ability Defence bonus increased (50 → 55)|
|6.0.1||Now available for 14,000 gold (can still be produced via Workshop 2.0)|
|6.0.0||Ability cooldown increased from 10 seconds → 14 seconds|
|5.8.0||New limited edition skin: Graphite (Icarus Cyber Show)|
|5.7.2||New skin: Rio|
New alternative model: Stellar Phantom(Operation: Dark Nebula)
|5.6.0||New limited edition skin: Oni (Operation: Cold Snap)|
|5.3.0||New skin: Oni|
Robot was added to the game
Note: Each role listed above is different with a unique strategy. While the majority of these are self-explanatory, it should be noted that 'Support' means to provide an additional presence and more firepower to one's team where needed.
- The Stellar Phantom is the first robot to have an animated model. The little lights or stars on the Stellar Phantom gradually move across the ‘space’ part of the Stellar Phantom.
- The "Rio" ("river") Paint Job is named after Rio de Janeiro, former Brazilian capitol with the largest Carnival in the world, and alludes to the often bird-inspired costumes in the parades, the plumage of parrot bird and the colors of Brazil's national flag.
- The Phantom, along with the Hellburner, is commonly used to rush enemy spawnpoints so as to harass them and draw enemies away from main battles.
- During its initial release, the Phantom was able to teleport inside various buildings and gaps in terrain. By performing a teleportation beside a corner which would result in the Phantom teleporting inside a building due to the ‘normal’ path for teleportation being blocked. This was fixed in a later update.
- This robot was added on August 14, 2019.