“…Long-range multiple rocket launcher for indirect fire. Noricum fires all its rockets in a short burst and deals area damage. Effective against groups of slow enemies, but cannot fire at targets closer than 300 meters…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Noricum||NEXT >>|
|Damage||610 per rocket|| Manual
|Range||Minimum: 300 meters
Maximum: 1100 meters
|Reload||15 seconds|| Magazine
|Capacity||14 rockets|| AOE
|Unload||1 second|| Artillery
This is an artillery weapon designed for long to medium-ranged combat. Most common on heavy robots in lower leagues, the Noricum fires a spread of 14 rounds at 25 meter radius point area marked by the cross-hairs on the game screen. Although its maximum range is 1,100 meters, the spread of the shots (25 meter radius) is generally similar regardless of what distance it is fired at. Due to the spread the Noricum doesn't do full damage to light, medium, or some heavy bots.
For accuracy, 600–300 meters is the suggested firing distance. Equipped with several units, a robot can become a mobile artillery platform capable of long range bombardment. Because of how it fires the Noricum can hit most enemies behind cover unless they are both behind cover and underneath an obstacle.
Within 600 meters and less, the Noricum becomes more powerful as the rockets hit the target only shortly after firing, as the arc's height decreases as the target is closer to the bot carrying it. Inside of 300 meters the Noricum becomes useless unless the robot manages to place the Noricum unit directly under an enemy robot, the two robots are directly next to the same wall, or the robot firing the Noricum is directly under a thin walkway the enemy robot is on. The Noricum's splash damage properties can cause large damage in a very short amount of time. However, it is much more difficult to utilize and does less damage than the Pinata or Orkan. It is not recommended to be used in that way.
This weapon's best use is on a Patton or Leo and used as a mid-ranged artillery ambusher. This weapon will do lots of damage if used correctly. However, If an enemy moves directly towards you, the Noricums will miss some of their missiles, making this weapon only useful against slow or large bots without using prediction and target leading. On a Natasha it may be useful for launching sudden attacks on enemy robots.
Pros and Cons
- Can fire from up to 1100m away, chipping away at the enemy's health from afar
- Wide spread means it is hard for a weapon to miss and can hit multiple robots at once
- Most effective against slow robots as they cannot evade it (even better against stationary robots like Raijin and Behemoth)
- Can hit enemies hiding behind cover as missiles land vertically
- Can't hit enemies that are within 300m
- Rockets might miss as they spread too much (especially in very long-range combat) which decreases total damage
- Limited effectiveness against energy shields as the shields can regenerate their health by the time the Noricum has reloaded and can fire again
- Hard to target moving robots in very long-range combat (700m+) as the rockets take time to land
- Mediocre DPS
- Extremely slow reload (15 sec)
- The damage column shows the damage of each individual rocket (out of 14 rockets)
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 13 days 16 hours⟶11 days|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 16 days 15 hours 48 minutes⟶13 days 16 hours|
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 31,700,000 Ag⟶63,400,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 8 days 9 hours⟶16 days 16 hours 12 minutes
Damage decreased by 5%
|3.1.0||Damage decreased by 31%|
Minimum range decreased from 400 meters to 300 meters
Maximum range increased from 900 meters to 1100 meters
Projectile speed doubled
Missile arc is slightly adjusted
Missile spread is less dependent on distance
|0.9.1||Area of damage decreased by 16.5%|
Blast radius of shells increased by 11%
|0.9.0||Damage increased by 40%|
Velocity of shells increased by 50%
Maximum shooting range increased from 800 meters tо 900 meters
Reload time increased
|0.6.1||Blast radius is increased by 10%|
|0.3.0||Minimum range increased to 400 meters|
|0.1.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- This used to be considered the weakest weapon in the game. The spread of rockets did not do much damage to a single robot, but was semi useful against sniper Raijin, as the Noricum does splash damage. This was changed in update 3.1 where the rocket spread was reduced and the rocket speed was doubled. Their damage was also reduced to balance it out
- Noricum is the Latin name for a Celtic kingdom, or federation of tribes, that included most of modern Austria and part of Slovenia.
- This weapon was used very frequently during this game's first few weeks on a Natasha as a sniper weapon, despite their large rocket spread and low rocket speed.
- In update 3.2, the firing sound is slightly different than the previous versions.
- Since the Remastered update, the Noricum no longer has spread.
- In a Test Server session that occurred on 2021-02-13, the Noricum was able to rotate to face its target, much like how normal weapons would. This allowed the Noricum when targeting someone at 300m in front or above to fire behind the user.
- Additionally, the Noricum's rockets weren't affected by gravity, instead did a sort of loop from behind the user to the target. Instead of just falling to the ground after being fired.