- Main article: Maps
Moon is a symmetrical, multi-layer fast-paced map, perfect for close range combat.
It is virtually impossible to hold any single beacon for prolonged period of time, thus making game-play very dynamic, and battles - short. In typical a battle active player in a fast bot could easily get 10 beacon capture per game; typical shorting battles to 4–5 minutes long.
Snipers are practically useless here, due to the cover and size of the map. Using snipers here is not recommended.
Tips from Pixonic:
- Center beacon capture requires teamwork, as you can hold it at 3 spots: the central construction, tunnel underneath and its roof;
- Tunnel position allows for an easy reach of 2 beacons located at each entrance, and is thus strategically viable. It also blocks attacks from above;
- Map edges lack cover, so beware of damage by homing missiles;
- Map is well-suited for robots with jump ability;
- Pick fast light robots for the ease of maneuverability.
- Released in update 2.8.0
- There a several places on this map that a Raijin is able to climb, as it is slightly similar to the Canyon map