Missing icons need three
|Arms Controller chips (AC)||Effect chips (A)||Attack chips (B)|
|Defense chips (C)||Repair_chips_(D)|
Microchips are mountable devices that can be installed into a Drone's hull, giving it special effects, which, in turn, will usually be transferred from the Drone to the Robot. All microchips (chips) are similar to pilots in that they have tiers. The higher the tier, the more energy is used to power the chip. The amount of total energy a Drone can hold depends on the hull the chips are installed in.
Microchips can be purchased from the Microchip Store. The Microchip Store can be selected by clicking on any Drone inside your Drone Hangar, then clicking on any Microchip slot in the interface that will appear. At the top of the screen there will be a slider that has 'Inventory' and 'Store' on it. Click on the 'Store' tab to open it.
Now that you are inside the Microchip Store, there will be three Microchips available for purchase, each for a different Gold cost, depending on the Tier of each Microchip. However, if these Microchips are not to your liking, then you can refresh the Store in three different ways:
- Wait 24 hours for the Store to automatically refresh its contents.
- Pay Gold to refresh the Store. The costs of Gold refreshing are 50 for the first refresh of the day, 100 for the second and 200 for every subsequent refresh (Gold costs will revert back to 50 at the start of the new day).
- Watch an ad to refresh the store (only able to happen if you have internet connection).
Microchips have Tiers, The higher the Tier, the better the chip's effects are, but it will also take up more Energy capacaity inside your Drone hull. Any given Microchip has a preset Tier when pirchased from the Microchip Store, but it can be upgraded by fusing Microchips together.
|Tier color scheme|
- AC-type chips: Arms Controller
- AC-type microchips provide an extra weapons damage and can fire independently of your robot.
- A-type chips: Effect
- A-type microchips provide your drone's or robot's weapons with special effects (such as Lock-down or Freeze) or operate as battery microchips that give your drone additional energy capacity.
- B-type chips: Attack
- B-type microchips increase your drone's or robot's attack power and damage.
- C-type chips: Defense
- C-type microchips increase your robot's defense and durability.
- D-type chips: Repair and Shield
- D-type microchips allow your drone to repair you and your allies' robots, as well as to protect you with different energy shields.
You can combine Microchips by going to the Combine Microchips tab, which can be found inside the Microchip Inventory. By combining Microchips of the same Tier, you can get a new Microchip of the Tier above it WIP.
Arms Controller chips
|Press Down Arrow Button to View the Components of each Slot. Hover over individual Components to view each.|
- A-Type Microchips have a much higher accumulation rate for weapons that already have built-in accumulation abilities, such as Pulsar or Cryo.
- During one of the first test server sessions for microchips, there was an A-Type microchip called Heatsink, which reduced a robot's ability cooldown by 20% and could be stacked, this was deemed too powerful and was cut in the following test server. Due to the fact that players can equip 4 or 5 of such microchips to reduce robot ability cooldown to 6 seconds or shorter.
- There was also one time where there was a bug with the T4 Modulative Intensifier microchip during the 3rd test server session for microchips, while it showed that it increased the robot's weapon by 30%, the actually damage increase was well over 100%, and could be stacked. This effectively made any weapon deal roughly 4x more damage than normal, if one utilized 4 of such microchips. This was fixed a few weeks later.