|THIS IS A COMMUNITY PAGE|
IT IS OPEN TO EDITS FROM ANYONE
Close range energy weapon. Reloads instantly and can fire continuously. Ineffective against targets with physical shields
- — in-game description
|<< PREV||26||Magnum||NEXT >>|
|Damage||870 per plasmoid|
This plasma weapon, due to its accuracy, damage, and continuous fire makes it a very popular light weapon.
The Magnum seems to be most closely comparable to the Punisher. While they are both popular short-range weapons, the Magnum has several advantages. The Punisher, while having a higher DPS (damage per second) and longer range, suffers from bullet spread, reducing its damage at longer ranges, while the Magnum does the same amount of damage at 100 meters as it does at 350 meters. Also, the Punisher needs to be reloaded, taking 10 seconds.
In earlier leagues, it is common to see the Magnum mounted in pairs on Stalkers, and possibly in quads on a Patton. Using this weapon in combination with Tarans and Redeemers works very well, as they share the same range, damage type, and fast projectiles. Griffins and Rhinos can often be seen with a pair of Magnums and Tarans, and they can severely damage robots (even heavy robots) quickly. Lastly, using a trio of Magnums with a Redeemer on a Leo, this makes for an opponent that can deal heavy damage, and take a lot of damage due to the robot's high health pool. This set-up is known as the “Mini Plasma Death Button”, resembling the Plasma Death Button, a Griffin with a pair of Magnums and Tarans.
Magnums become less common in higher leagues due to medium and heavy weapons dominating but are very common in lower and mid leagues. They are well-suited for close-range brawling and knife-fighting.
Pros and Cons
- Steady and relatively fast rate of fire.
- Relatively fast projectile speed, user is not required to lead target.
- No reload, allowing for no drop in damage per second.
- Very High Accuracy, this is achieved by a fast projectile speed and good aiming
- Bypasses energy shields, this trait allows the Magnum to excel at taking down energy shielded robots such as the Carnage or Haechi due to their relatively low health.
- Unlimited ammunition allows for long periods of sustained fire.
- Has a longer range, which allows it to outrange more devastating weapons such as Cryo or Glory.
- Moderately low DPS, requires the user to remain exposed for a significant amount of time before doing a reasonable amount of damage.
- In general, the Magnum is ineffective against physical shields, this can be partially overcome if the magnums are highly upgraded.
- Has a limited range of 350m, allowing for other longer ranged weapons to outrange it.
|Unload Time||Reload Time||Shot
|MK 1||Level||MK 2|
|Damage per shot||Damage per burst||Burst DPS||Cycle DPS||Damage per shot||Damage per burst||Burst DPS||Cycle DPS|
|MK 3 Level 1||3,102||3,102||~||5,641|
|Notes||1. Damage stats above exclude ability damage (eg. DOT, Freeze, BLASTCHARGE).|
|2. Damage per shot is not always equal to damage value displayed in-game, it represents damage dealt in one press of the fire button.|
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 7 days 3 hours 35 minutes⟶5 days 19 hours 35 minutes|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 8 days 13 hours 35 minutes⟶7 days 3 hours 35 minutes|
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 63,940,000 Ag⟶31,970,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 17 days 5 hours 12 minutes⟶8 days 16 hours 35 minutes
Now available for 1,000 gold (can no longer be produced via Workshop 2.0)
|4.3.0||Damage increased by 21%|
|4.2.0||Price changed from 3,750 WP to 10,000 Components (or 1,000 gold)|
|4.1.0||Bug fix: Projectiles can no longer phase through enemy targets with a mass (wall, hill, etc.) behind them|
|4.0.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 31,970,000 Ag⟶63,940,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 8 days 12 hours 35 minutes⟶17 days 5 hours 12 minutes
|3.1.0||Damage increased by 5%|
|2.9.3||Damage increased by 5%|
|1.6.0||Firing rate decreased by 10%|
|1.0.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- The Magnum once was the only weapon in War Robots with no reload time. It now shares this feature with the Atomizer, Nucleon, and Quarker.
- The Magnum is named after the .44 Remington Magnum, a large-bore cartridge designed for revolvers.
- The EP in its previous name may have stood for "Energy Pistol".
- It at one point was named the most popular weapon in the game by Pixonic.
- This weapon was added on August 21, 2015.