|THIS PAGE HAS BEEN LOCKED|
ONLY REGISTERED MEMBERS MAY ADD CONTENT TO THIS PAGE
Slow, but incredibly tough mechanical knight. 3 built-in physical shields and a speed boost make this robot an ideal close-combat warrior
- — in-game description
|<< PREV||21||Lancelot||NEXT >>|
|In-Game Cost||Real Value||Exp Level|
|Armaments||Standard Paint Jobs|
|Hardpoints||2× Medium + 1× Heavy|
|Default Weapons||2× Tulumbas + 1× Thunder|
|Module Slots||Legendary Paint Jobs|
The Lancelot's Rush ability increases its movement speed by 66% for a period of 10 seconds, allowing it to quickly close in on opponents or retreat, and its fixed physical shields can block all energy-based projectiles if it is facing the right direction. Similar to the Raijin, a Lancelot's shield is actually composed of several (three, in Lancelot's case) separate pieces which can each be blown off separately.
The Lancelot is a good brawler and excels at holding beacons and area defense. It packs significant firepower and when equipped with fortifiers, the Lancelot's shield can reach up to 800,000 hit points, and when equipped with an Ancile, the bot can be a tank and difficult to destroy in close-range engagement.
The Lancelot has an extremely wide torso and surface area along with slow ground speed (when not in Rush) making it vulnerable to incoming projectiles and splash damage. If equipped with the "Ghost" Pilot Skill the Lancelot has a decent ground speed (but no Rush ability), allowing it to support assaults on beacons and to flank slower bots.
The Lancelot is a high threat in the lower and middle leagues, and a low threat in high leagues. The shield, hit points, and variety of weapons afforded to its hardpoints allows for a unique bot capable of doing serious damage and close-range and mid-range.
These are effective setups for the Lancelot:
Note: When "Opt." is next to a slot type, it refers to one of the multiple options that can be used in combination with the other weapon(s) slot type(s).
Each slot type is filled with only one particular weapon. For example, if a robot has 3 light all three of those slots are filled with Pinatas, as mixing weapons of the same slot type is not advisable.
Close Range (350m or less)
|Slot Types →||Heavy Slot ↓||Medium Slot (Opt.1) ↓||Medium Slot (Opt.2) ↓||Medium Slot (Opt.3) ↓|
|#Slots →||x1||x2||x2||x2||Name (If Applicable) ↓|
|Setup 1 →||Ancilot:|
|Setup 2 →||Shotgun (Opt.1)|
|Setup 3 →||
Plasma Death Button (Opt.1)
|Setup 4 →|
|Setup 5 →||Death Button (Opt.1)|
|Setup 6 →||Energy Shotgun (Opt.1)|
|Setup 7 →||Leadhose (Opt. 1)|
Long Range (800-1,100m)
The Lancelot is best used as a close-range brawler, and is extremely effective in that role due to its frontal shielding. The use of the Ancile with Tarans, Orkans and Scourges allows for solid firepower while having protection against all weapon types (except the Ember). Using an Ember as the heavy hardpoint choice with the aforementioned medium weapons makes for a more offense Lancelot, and being a threat to all enemies due to the Ember's flames bypassing all shields (except for the Bulwark's Aegis shield). An Avenger with two Punishers can allow the Lancelot to deal respectable damage outside of close range rockets range (300 meters), and if facing an opponent with energy weapons can come in closer to deal an impressive amount of sustained burst damage.
This robot can also be a very effective mid-range support unit, due to most mid-range weapons being energy based, allowing the Lancelot to use its physical shielding to its fullest. A Dragoon or Zeus with Scourges can prove to be very hard for the enemy to deal with, due to its high damage output and its surprising durability.
Lastly, the Lancelot can even be useful as a sniper (to a lesser degree). Using a Tempest with two Molot Ts can prove a nuisance to the enemy on large maps, due to the lack of counters that work effectively against it.
|7.9.0||Speed increased by 2 kph|
|7.7.7||No longer available in the workshop, by January 24th 2022|
|6.7.0||Bug fix: No longer stops responding when faced with uneven terrain|
|5.3.0||New limited edition skin: Reaper (Operation: Gathering Storm)|
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 38 days 2 hours 30 minutes⟶30 days 13 hours|
|4.7.0||Speed increased by 10%|
Side shields durability increased by 12.5%
Total Upgrade Time: 45 days 17 hours⟶38 days 2 hours 30 minutes
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 63,940,000 Ag⟶135,700,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 17 days 3 hours 22 minutes⟶45 days 17 hours
|4.3.0||Durability increased by 7%|
Frontal shield durability increased by 40%
Ability recharge decreased from 20 sec. → 14 sec
|4.2.0||Price changed from 5,000 gold to 10,000 Components (same value)|
|4.0.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 54,870,000 Ag⟶63,940,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 19 days 23 hours 27 minutes 40 seconds⟶17 days 3 hours 22 minutes
|4.0.0||New skin: Astro (Star Invasion)|
|2.9.0||New skin: Military|
|2.7.0||New skin: Reaper|
|2.4.0||New skin: Golden Bear|
|1.8.0||Robot was added to the game|
- Lancelot, Galahad and Gareth have been officially dubbed The Knights of Camelot.
- Unofficially, they are known as the BritBots.
- Due to its large size, Lancelot has been unofficially dubbed “Chubby” or “Chubs” by Youtuber. Adrian Chong, and subsequently, by the entire community
- The Lancelot is one of eight robots to have a built-in physical shield, the other seven being the Rhino, Raijin, Galahad, Bulwark, Bulgasari, Tyr and Gareth.
- The Lancelot is one of the two robots with a built-in physical shield that is not affected by an ability. The other is the Bulgasari.
- Contrary to popular belief, only one of the three shields will protect the Lancelot in most cases, as it is located at the centre of the bot - where weapons hit it.
- Because of its huge size, the Lancelot is surprisingly vulnerable to enemy Punishers and Thunders, as these have a wide cone of fire that hits the bot in its unprotected areas.
- A Lancelot equipped with an Ancile shield is sometimes called an Ancilot.
- A Lancelot equipped with 2 Tarans and an Ancile is sometimes called a Tarancilot.
- A Lancelot equipped with 2 Orkans and an Ancile is sometimes called an Orkancilot.
- When rushing, this robot performs an animation on the back, with two thrusters firing at the rear of this robot.
- This robot is tied with the Rhino for being the slowest heavy robot when not rushing, but it can use its Rush ability to increase its speed to 50 kph for a limited time, allowing it to become the second fastest Heavy robot.
- This bot has three separate shields, so it is recommended to shoot only one shield to break it fast as possible and damage the robot.
- Most likely named after Sir Lancelot (Sir Lancelot du Lac), one of the Knights of the Round Table in the Arthurian legend.
- If an enemy equipped with energy weapon, they can still hit Lancelot if they aim slightly out of the hitbox.
- This robot was added on August 3, 2016.