|THIS IS A COMMUNITY PAGE|
IT IS OPEN TO EDITS FROM ANYONE
Four-legged robot. Excels at initiating fights: Invader can jump into the enemies and drastically lower their firepower
- — in-game description
|<< PREV||44||Invader||NEXT >>|
|In-Game Cost||Real Value||Exp Level|
|Armaments||Standard Paint Jobs|
|Default Weapons||2x Punisher|
1x Punisher T
|Module Slots||Legendary Paint Jobs|
|Workshop Production Information|
|1 Day Cost||3 Day Cost|
Invader's ability is named Incursion. When Incursion is activated, Invader jumps and gains 33% damage resistance to all enemy weapons (except Titan weapons, which ignore damage resistance), then lands in a similar fashion to Mercury, meaning the pilot can command the Invader to smash down onto the ground immediately, or plane down based on the initial trajectory. Upon landing the Invader retains its damage resistance for 5 more seconds while emitting an electrical impulse which suppresses the weapon systems of all enemies within 100 meters, reducing their damage output by 75% for 5 seconds while also dealing a minimal 40 damage. After Invader's resistance wears off, Incursion enters a cooldown phase of 16 seconds.
The Invader is often used as a tank especially when equipped with armor and healing modules. With its high durability, damage resistance, jump, and suppression ability, the Invader is excellent for brawling and close-range engagement.
The Invader has relatively slow ground speed, so pilots should take advantage of the Invader's long jump distance to ambush enemies, cap beacons, or escape from danger.
Invader still suffers from its mediocre firepower, with only 1 Medium and 2 Light weapons. Due to this the Invader should be played as a support robot that can absorb heavy damage, suppress enemy groups, defend key areas, and help capture beacons. Its ability and high health pool means that the Invader excels at being part of a fast moving assault group, drawing and suppressing enemy fire to allow more powerful teammates to destroy enemy bots before they can inflict significant damage.
It is recommended to practice piloting the Invader in a custom battle first. It is very easy for the Invader's long legs to get tangled on obstacles and other robots, so practicing on the maps will help pilots know where to move. Experienced pilots will also use Invader's tendency to get tangled up with other bots as a tactic to "trap" enemy bots, particularly smaller, more agile bots, to prevent them from escaping. In the vast majority of cases, small robots which are able to be trapped by the Invader's legs will also have inferior firepower (e.g the Stalker), so the Invader can use its superior firepower and if necessary, ability, to quickly destroy them.
These setups are recommended for the Invader:
Note: Each slot type is filled with only one particular weapon. For example, if a robot has 3 light all three of those slots are filled with Pinatas, as mixing weapons of the same slot type is not advisable.
Close Range (350m or less)
|Slot Types →||Light Slot (Opt. 1)↓||Light Slot (Opt. 2)↓||Light Slot (Opt. 3)↓||Light Slot (Opt. 4)↓||Medium Slot ↓|
|#Slots →||x2||x2||x2||x2||x1||Name (If Applicable) ↓|
|Setup 1 →||Mini Death Button|
|Setup 2 →||Flamethrower|
|Setup 3 →||Mini-Plasma Death Button|
|Setup 4 →||Mini-Leadhose|
|Setup 5 →||Shotgun|
|Setup 6 →||Energy Shotgun|
|Setup 7 →||Sonic Shotgun|
Images may have been resized to fit in the page. Click on an image to view actual size.
|7.9.0||Durability increased by 10%|
|6.8.0||Durability increased by 5%|
|6.0.1||Now available for 9,750 gold (can still be produced via Workshop 2.0)|
New limited edition skin: Science (Operation: Iron Phoenix (Part 2))
New skin: Science
|5.7.2||Arachnid model bonus durability increased from 5% → 10%|
|5.7.0||New alternative model: Arachnid Invader (Lunar New Year 2020)|
|5.6.0||New limited edition skin: Symbiotic (Operation: Cold Snap)|
|New skin: Symbiotic|
|5.2.0||New skin: Red Baron (Above the Stars event)|
|5.0.0||Speed increased by 10%|
Durability decreased by 6%
Ability cooldown increased from 13 seconds → 16 seconds
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 49 days 8 hours 30 minutes⟶39 days 13 hours|
|4.7.0||Gains 33% damage resistance during jump and 5 seconds after landing (ability)|
Total Upgrade Time: 58 days 17 hours⟶49 days 8 hours 30 minutes
|4.5.0||New skin: Wartpat (Christmas 2018)|
Total Upgrade Cost: 170,700,000 Ag⟶198,700,000 Ag
|4.3.0||Robot was added to the game|
- The Invader is the first (and only) four-legged robot to be able to jump.
- The Invader is the only spider robot that suffers from landing lag.
- The special variant - Arachnid Invader - when using its ability, it does not make a sound or create a large yellow wave upon landing unlike the Invader. This allows for a stealthier surprise attack on a target.
- The Arachnid Invader also has an idle animation, which would make it the first robot variant to have an idle animation.
- Incredibly, with max buffs, ability active, boosters, the legendary pilot, the Mantis aegis shield, and two tier 4 Revitalizing Defenders active, the Invader will have a 138, 602, 552 effective health pool against any non-sonic/Titan/Defense Mitigation firepower for the time the Invader's suppression lasts for.
- The Invader's Incursion ability actually does damage, though only very little, in the double digits. Getting a kill just by Incursion has likely never been done.
- This robot was added on August 28, 2018.
- The Invader is one of the robots that have a red "eye" on their hull. The others are fittingly Blitz, Rayker and Cerberus, and rather strangely Scorpion.