“…Equipped with a jump drive that allows it to leap into the air and close in on enemies when necessary…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Griffin||NEXT >>|
|In-Game Cost||Real Value||Player Level|
|Default Weapons||2× Pin |
2× Molot T
|MODULE SLOTS||LEGENDARY PILOTS|
|OTHER||3D ROBOT MODEL|
|Wiki Class||Medium||Link here (external site)|
The Griffin has long been a notorious opponent, with an impressive jump height and fair firepower. The robot known as “Raven” sports the same firepower, and sporting 2 jump charges, rendering the Griffin obsolete.
This robot has the Jump ability.
Although physically larger, it can jump higher and farther than the Cossack and the Rogatka, but at the cost of a 25-second cooldown timer. (Spending an average of 6 seconds in the air, a 19-second interval from the last jump.) The Jump ability allows the Griffin to ambush opponents and to avoid engagements that it can't win or escape a dangerous situation.
- It is not that agile (max speed of 38 km/h), but with the ability to jump, it can escape a bad situation quickly, or, on the contrary, jump into the fight. It boasts two medium hardpoints and two light hardpoints, giving it superior firepower and versatility. This robot is oriented around a sturdy assault strategy, many medium and light weapons have great synergy when mounted together. For example, two Molots with two Molot Ts add up to around the equivalent of 5 Molots. For this reason, many players consider it one of the most versatile robots in the game. The Griffin isn't ideally a beacon-capturer due to its slow speed rate, but since it is paired with the jump ability, it may be able to capture nearby beacons.
- Another role for the Griffin is as an ambusher. The Griffin’s good firepower and Jump ability make it well-suited for this role, as its mediocre health means that it is outclassed as a brawler when faced with robots such as the Leo. Pilots should use the Jump ability to surprise enemy robots by leaping over obstacles whilst firing, rapidly dealing heavy damage and hopefully destroying the enemy robot without sustaining too much damage.
- Pilots should be aware that while the Jump ability can be also useful for quickly getting out of bad situations, lock-on weapons will still hit, the splash damage from rockets will also deal damage and kinetic, as well as plasma weapons are quite accurate, so expect to receive some damage.
- The Limited Edition "Scavenger" Griffin is further enhanced by a +5% Armor boost.
Some effective setups for the Griffin are:
Note: When "Opt." is next to a slot type, it refers to one of the multiple options that can be used in combination with the other weapon(s) slot type(s).
Each slot type is filled with only one particular weapon. For example, if a robot has 3 light all three of those slots are filled with Pinatas, as mixing weapons of the same slot type is not advisable.
Close Range (350m or less)
Long Range (800-1,000m)
Note: Although it has high damage output and anti-shield capability, using the Shotgun setup on the Griffin isn't as recommended as other Shotgun setups due to the Griffin's low health, making it inadequate for sustained close-combat brawling, which is where shotgun weapons are most effective.
Mark I Statistics
Mark II Statistics
Note: Level 12 Mark I is required to upgrade (purchase) to Mark II.
|5.7.2||Scavenger model bonus durability increased from 5% → 10%|
|5.5||Scavenger model gained 5% bonus durability|
|5.3.0||Durability increased by 5%|
|Speed increased by 9%|
|New alternative model: Scavenger Griffin (Operation: Gathering Storm)|
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 13 days⟶10 days 12 hours|
|4.7.0||Modules slots changed from 2 passive slots → 1 passive slot, 1 active slot|
|Total Upgrade Time: 15 days 23 hours 24 minutes⟶13 days|
|4.0||Economy Changes (July 5):|
|Total Upgrade Cost: 55,000,000 Ag⟶62,600,000 Ag|
|Total Upgrade Time: 15 days 3 hours⟶15 days 23 hours 24 minutes|
|2.5||Durability increased by 20%|
|1.6.0||Speed increased from 28 km/h to 35 km/h|
|0.8.0||Robot was added to the game|
Available For Purchase
Alternative Model (+10% Durability)
- Its cockpit strongly resembles the British bomber's "Handley Page Victor" nose, body, and engine.
- The Griffin did have an alternate model that was available in the "Gathering Storm" operation premium pass.
- If you look very closely the Griffin has 4 tiny spikes on each foot, 2 on each ‘toe', possibly like the talons of the creature it was named after.
- It is named after the Griffin, a mythical beast that had the head, wings and front legs of an Eagle and the rear torso, leg and tail of a Lion. This is likely due to its ability to “swoop” down on its enemies with its jump ability
- Griffin was named “the most popular robot” by Pixonic, according to their statistics, along with Magnum being the most popular weapon. It is not known if these two events are related due to Griffin being able to mount Magnums.
- Click here for a 3D image of this robot.
|( C )||.....ROBOTS||( • )|
|Ao Guang • Ao Jun • Ao Qin • Ares • Behemoth • Blitz • Bolt • Bulgasari • Bulwark • Butch • Carnage • Cerberus • Destrier • Doc • Falcon • Fenrir • Fujin • Fury • Galahad • Gl. Patton • Griffin • Hades • Haechi • Hellburner • Hover • Inquisitor • Invader • Jesse • Kumiho • Leech • Leo • Loki • Mender • Mercury • Nemesis • Nightingale • Phantom • Pursuer • Raijin • Ravana • Raven • Rayker • Rhino • Rogatka • Spectre • Stalker • Tyr • Vityaz • Weyland|
|( C )||.....LIMITED EDITION||( • )|
|Robots • Ancient Tyr • Arachnid Invader • Deathwing Ao Jun • Eldritch Ares • Frozen Leech • Giftbringer Fenrir • Imperial Hades • Scavenger Griffin • Stellar Phantom|
|Equipment • Candy Viper • Dragon Blaze • Dragon Calamity • Dragon Dragoon • Dragon Marquess • Freedom Avalanche • Freedom Hussar • Freedom Igniter • Sinister Cryo • Sinister Glacier • Sinister Rime • Sinister Pulsar • Stellar Halo • Yan-di Avenger • Yan-di Corona|
|( C )||.....UNAVAILABLE/RETIRED||( • )|
|Boa • Golem • Schutze|
|( C )||.....EQUIPMENT||( • )|
|Light • Aphid • Arbalest • Blaze • Gekko • Gust • Halo • Magnum • Marquess • Molot • Noricum • Pin • Pinata • Punisher • Rime • Shredder • Spark • Sting • Spiral|
|Medium • Atomizer • Ballista • Corona • Cryo • Hussar • Hydra • Igniter • Ion • Molot T • Orkan • Pulsar • Punisher T • Scourge • Shocktrain • Storm • Taran • Tulumbas • Vortex • Wasp|
|Heavy • Avalanche • Avenger • Calamity • Chimera • Dragoon • Ember • Exodus • Flux • Glacier • Glory • Kang Dae • Nashorn • Redeemer • Tempest • Thermite • Thunder • Trebuchet • Trident • Viper • Zenit • Zeus|
|( C )||.....MODULES||( • )|
|Active • Advanced Repair Unit • Death Mark • Lock-Down Ammo • Phase Shift • Quantum Radar • Repair Unit • Shieldbreaker|
|Passive • Anticontrol • Armor Kit • Battle Born • Fortifier • Heavy Armor Kit • Last Stand • Nuclear Reactor • Thermonuclear Reactor|
|( C )||.....TITANS||( • )|
|Ao Ming • Arthur • Kid|
|( C )||.....TITAN EQUIPMENT||( • )|
|Alpha • Gendarme • Tsar • Vengeance|
|Beta • Cuirassier • Retaliator • Rupture|
|( C )||.....TITAN MODULES||( • )|
|Titan Armor Kit • Plated Armor Kit • Singular Reactor • Antimatter Reactor|