“…Long-range energy weapon that hits enemies with a laser beam. Dangerous at long range, but ineffective against targets with physical shields. Open its potential in open spaces…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Gekko||NEXT >>|
|Damage||157 per charge|| Manual
|Range||1,100 meters|| Automatic
|Reload||11 seconds|| RWF
|Capacity||Clip: 30 charges
Burst: 42 charges
|Unload||Clip: 3.57 seconds
Burst: 5 seconds
This long-range laser weapon is the light version of the Flux. In battle, a Gekko can force enemy units under cover, as many players do not appreciate a solid beam of light hitting their robot. It can also penetrate energy shielding.
While one Gekko can deal decent damage when highly upgraded, they are much more powerful in clusters of two, three, or even four, or when paired with the Flux. A dedicated robot carrying two to four Gekkos can severely damage an enemy. However, it is known to be an inferior weapon in close-range combat. Thus, it is a good strategy to target enemy robots in an open location where there is no available cover for them to hide behind.
It is recommended that the Gekko is used similarly to how one might use a Molot, although with much longer range.
Pros and Cons
- Energy attribute allows it to penetrate energy shields
- 1100-meter range allows it to engage in gunfights without fear of retaliation
- Charge-based reload-while-firing clip allows it to reload at any given time
- Great at sustained combat
- Ineffective at close range against specialized brawling weapons
- Ineffective against physical shields
- Overall DPS isn't too good
- Takes a while to reload to full charge
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 6 days 22 hours⟶5 days 14 hours|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 8 days 9 hours⟶6 days 22 hours|
|4.5.0||Now available for 750 gold (can no longer be produced via Workshop 2.0)|
|4.2.0||Price changed from 750 gold to 10,000 Components (same value)|
|4.0.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 38,150,000 Ag⟶31,700,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 10 days⟶8 days 8 hours
|3.1.0||Damage reduced by 5%|
New laser colors
Its sound effects change in tone as it upgrades, becoming deeper as the level increases.
|2.9.3||Damage increased by 25%|
|2.5.0||Damage increased by 15%|
|0.9.1||Damage increased by 10%|
|0.9.0||Now deals maximum damage regardless of how many lasers are installed on a robot|
|0.6.1||Weapon was added to the game|
- In previous versions, the function of the Gekko was to “heat” up its target. This translated into the longer it fires upon the target, the hotter it got, and the more damage it dealt.
- After the color change, the palette now resembles the true visible light spectrum in the correct order; violet, blue, green, yellow, orange and red.
- The Gekko has no medium counterpart.
- This weapon was added on September 6, 2014.
- After the War Robots Remastered Update, the colors are all red instead of multicolored