|THIS IS A COMMUNITY PAGE|
IT IS OPEN TO EDITS FROM ANYONE
Defensive equipment. Physical shield has its own durability and can be destroyed. The shield should be turned towards the attacking unit to take effect. Fits one particular slot-type you're purchasing for: to equip Ecu to the other side you will need to get an extra one
- — in-game description
|<< PREV||23||Ecu||NEXT >>|
|Hardpoint||Light or Medium|
Pros and Cons
- Physical shield is harder for energy weapons to destroy
- Excess damage from single-projectile weapons will be absorbed after destroyed
- Is the only shield (and equipment) able to be mounted in two slot types
- Kinetic weapons deal double damage against physical shields
- Splash projectiles can bypass the shield coverage
- Flamethrower weapons bypass the shield
- Mounted shield, so cannot protect robot in all areas
- You will have to turn towards the enemy fire to use ecu, which makes you unable to fire back
This shield is one of two shield armaments in the game (the other being the Ancile). It will block damage from kinetic and energy weapons as well as homing missiles (though it is harder due to the angle of the projectiles), but not from unguided rocket fire – these cause splash damage which damages both the robot and the shield. Like all physical shields the Ecu takes double damage from kinetic weapons, and due to the nature of this weapon type some stray bullets/particles can damage a large framed shielded robot.
To block damage the pilot must rotate their robot's torso so that the shield faces towards the incoming fire. Even then this is no guarantee of blocking all damage.
The Ecu is unique in the game because it may be mounted on both light or medium hardpoints. However, it may only be mounted on 'arm' or side hardpoints and not other points.
The shield can be used to protect yourself while reloading.
After the shield's hit points are fully depleted it will be destroyed and break off like a destroyed weapon.
The shield only fits the side (left or right) it was bought for, meaning it can fit on any robot that is Ecu compatible but only on the left or right side.
The Ecu Cannot Be Mounted On
- Any robot without a light or medium hardpoint
|MK 1||Level||MK 2|
|MK 3 Level 1||240,500|
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 7 days 3 hours⟶5 days 19 hours|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 8 days 13 hours⟶7 days 3 hours|
|4.3.0||Durability increased by 11%|
|3.0.1||Durability increased on levels 3 to 9|
|0.1.0||Shield was added to the game|
- The Écu comes from King Louis IX of France, in that he made coins with the same name, with a shield and the family emblem.
- The Ecu is the only piece of equipment that can be mounted on a light and medium hardpoint.