“…Heavy medium-range missile system, which fires a volley of 3 homing missile per shot. The missiles overcome most obstacles and are effective against even fast and maneuverable enemies…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Chimera||NEXT >>|
|In-Game Cost||10,000 or 5,000|
|Damage||1,150 per missile|| Lock-on
|Range||600 meters|| Automatic
|Reload||12 seconds|| Magazine
|Capacity||9 missiles|| Homing
|Workshop Production Information|
|1 Day Cost||3 Day Cost|
The Chimera is a mid-range (up to 600 meters) heavy homing missile weapon. It has a light and medium counterpart (Spiral and Hydra respectively) and can be viewed as the medium-range counterpart to the Thermite.
The Chimera should be played in a style similar to the medium Hydra and the light Spiral, that is by sticking to cover and staying out of line of sight since these weapons have a slow rate of fire, low burst DPS, and long reload times. Pilots should select targets with no shields and ideally out in the open to maximize damage output.
The Chimera's missiles are very accurate as they home in on targets and can weave around obstacles on their way there. Due to this they are good at hitting targets behind cover and finishing off severely damaged enemies that are hiding.
Pros and Cons
- Large damage per clip
- Unloads separately, meaning it will deal damage to the robot after depleting a shield, unlike its counterpart Thermite
- Lock-on system makes it extremely hard to miss
- Homing attribute lets it target enemies behind cover
- Homing attribute allows it to track fast-moving enemies
- 600-meter range allows it to engage in fights from mid-range
- Long reload makes it hard to continue sustained fighting
- Cannot pierce any shields
- Overall DPS isn't very good
- Only three shells makes it easier to dodge the entire clip (compared to Spiral and Hydra)
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 29 days 15 hours 30 minutes⟶24 days 22 hours 45 minutes|
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Time: 45 days 17 hours⟶29 days 15 hours 30 minutes|
Now available for 5,000 gold (can still be produced via Workshop 2.0)
|4.0.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- The Chimera is a fire-breathing beast from Greek mythology that had the head of a lion, The head of a goat, and the head of a snake.
- The Chimera is one of only two heavy guided missile launchers, the other being the Thermite.