“…Super-heavy energy weapon that strikes enemies with an arc of high-energy particles. Damage grows as the distance decreases…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Cataclysm||NEXT >>|
|Damage||715 per plasmoid||Lock-on|
|Capacity||220 charges||Close Combat|
Pros and Cons
- Energy attribute allows it to penetrate energy barriers
- Damage multiplier allows effective damage at all ranges
- Can out range Rockets and Machine Guns for Titans with maximum range of 600m
- Lock-on attribute makes it extremely hard to miss
- Critical damage at close range (300m or less)
- 600m maximum range allows mid-range combat
- Extremely good at sustained combat
- Ineffective against physical shields
- Damage is marginally reduced at range
- Needs to empty entire clip in order to reload
- Alpha weapon-can only be mounted on Titans
- Needs lock-on time before it can shoot, lock-on can be removed easily by sharp movements
Functioning similar to the Spark, Scourge, Calamity and Cyclone, the Cataclysm deals damage inversely proportional to distance from the target. In other words, less distance between the enemy translates to more damage. The lock-on time serves as the only conceivable downside, other than the inability to penetrate enemy shields (with the exception of energy barriers) and lack of splash damage. It is extremely ineffective against corner shooting emenys, because you can not manually aim. When enemy enters stealth mode, there is no way to shoot into their direction. After exiting stealth, weapon needs 3 more seconds to lock onto your enemy, in which you can not deal any damage.
The Cataclysm's strength comes from its ability to deal damage across a variety of ranges. Although the Retaliator and Vengeance deal more damage at close ranges, the Cataclysm is more effective at medium ranges, where it can properly excel over other weapons thanks to its pinpoint accuracy. It is the only Alpha weapon that can lock-on to enemies, giving it an edge against robots that rely on speed, or mobility-enhancing abilities for their escape, such as Strider, Rogatka and even the Loki, if not in stealth mode.
However, the Cataclysm's strength, namely lock-on, can prove to be its downfall. Although they are typically mounted on top of Titans, Alpha weapons can still prove to be effective counters against robots that have abilities that allow them to go up into the air in stealth, such as Nightingale, Spectre and Ao Jun. Cataclysm cannot perform this task like other weapons (e.g. Vengeance) can do, as it cannot lock-on to the enemies in stealth and has to re-lock after exiting stealth.
Currently, the weapon can just be won out of the Event Titan Chest, which coasts 1, 000 Tokens
- The damage column shows the damage of each individual charge (out of 220 charges), fires 10 charches per second
Defense Mitigation (%)
Defense mitigation is an exclusive weapon attribute (currently only available on alpha and beta weaponry) that allows the weapon's projectiles to bypass a certain % of an enemy robot\titan's overall damage resistance.
Estimated Damage By Distance
|Range||Damage % (+/-)|
|50 meters or less||+137%|
*Green: Increase in damage
*Red: Decrease in damage
- This data was tested in-game on flat terrain
- Values can vary slightly; elevation changes and the size (frame) of the target can effect the damage output %.
- This data is an approximation of the damage scaling due to similarities between this weapon and the Spark, Scourge, and Calamity
|6.0.0||Weapon was added to the game|