“…Extremely powerful energy weapon, that disintegrates enemies with a flow of high-energy particles. Its power grows as the distance decreases, leaving no chance for those who get too close…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Calamity||NEXT >>|
|In-Game Cost||10,000 or 7,500|
|Damage||232 per charge|| Lock-on
|Range||600 meters|| Automatic
|Reload||5 seconds|| Magazine
|Capacity||85 charges|| Close Combat
|Workshop Production Information|
|1 Day Cost||3 Day Cost|
The Calamity is a close to mid-range (up to 600 meters) heavy energy weapon.
The Calamity is essentially a large mid-range taser that locks onto a target and fires an electrical arc that sticks to a single target and does continuous damage as long as you remain locked-on. It has to empty its clip in order to reload, meaning this weapon must be fully discharged while locked onto a target before reloading.
The Calamity has the special ability to inflict more damage the closer it is to the target so it works well for both mid- and close-ranged engagement. It's similar to the Zeus but with a much longer discharge and a decrease in damage the further away the target is. The weapon is best used for sustained DPS and for hitting fast, agile bots.
Pros and Cons
- Energy attribute allows it to penetrate energy barriers
- Lock-on attribute makes it extremely hard to miss
- Critical damage at close range (300 meters or less)
- 600-meter maximum range allows mid-range combat
- Extremely good at sustained combat
- Ineffective against physical shields
- Damage is barely noticeable at range
- Needs to empty entire clip in order to reload
Damage By Distance
|Range||Damage % (+/-)|
|50 meters or less||+137%|
*Green: Increase in damage
*Red: Decrease in damage
- This data was tested in-game on flat terrain
- Values can vary slightly; elevation changes and the size (frame) of the target can effect the damage output %.
|6.3.0||Damage reduced by 15%|
Ammo capacity reduced by 15%
|6.0.1||Now available for 7,500 gold (can still be produced via Workshop 2.0)|
|5.3.0||Damage increased by 10%|
|5.0.0||Standard version available for purchase or Workshop production|
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 37 days 30 minutes⟶30 days 11 hours|
|4.7.0||New alternative model: Dragon Calamity (Lunar New Year 2019)|
Weapon was added to the game
- Calamity has a similar meaning to Scourge, meaning an event causing great disaster and destruction.
- The Calamity model has been compared to a Scourge flipped onto its side.
- The Dragon Calamity fires red lightning unlike its normal counterpart that fires blue lightning.