“…The most durable robot in its class. Perfect for close combat…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Boa||NEXT >>|
|In-Game Cost||Real Value||Exp Level|
|Armaments||Standard Paint Jobs|
|Hardpoints||1× Medium + 1× Heavy|
|Default Weapons||1× Punisher T + 1× Nashorn|
|Module Slots||Legendary Paint Jobs|
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Strategy
- 3 Possible Setups
- 4 Mark I Statistics
- 5 Mark II Statistics
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Update History
- 8 Poll
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Navigation
The Boa is a medium robot with a heavy and medium hardpoint. According to Pixonic, it, along with the Schutze, has been temporarily removed from the store for balancing purposes. One of the selling points of this robot was that it hoarded more durability then any other robot unlockable at its level.
The speed and durability of the Boa gives it a slight advantage on the battlefield. At level 9 it reaches its maximum speed of 42 km/h, allowing it to quickly close in or sneak up on slower enemies. The Boa's health rivals or even exceeds that of many robots much larger than itself like the Natasha, and it has the highest health of all robots in the medium class. This gives it a distinct advantage in low leagues where its durability is often the highest on the battlefield.
The Boa is often seen equipped with a Thunder and Orkan in order to do lethal damage in a short amount of time, making this robot and weapon set popular. It is also commonly seen equipped with a Taran in place of an Orkan.
This robot performs well in low leagues and is good for transition into the middle leagues. However, the Boa loses utility in higher leagues where its huge health pool does not properly compensate for its lack of shields, firepower, speed and ability.
The Boa’s key strength is its high durability and therefore it should be used as a close-range brawler and for area defense, where it can make full use of its ability to outlast enemy robots such as Gepards and Stalkers. High burst Damage Per Second (DPS) weapons are recommended.
These are effective setups for the Boa:
Note: When "Opt." is next to a slot type, it refers to one of the multiple options that can be used in combination with the other weapon(s) slot type(s).
Close Range (350m or less)
The Boa is most effective as a close-range brawler, where it can make the most of its high durability and firepower. It is much less effective as a mid-ranger, and there is a lack of effective builds for long-range, as most robots will outclass the Boa in mid-long range combat where health isn't as important as firepower. Players are advised only to use it as a brawler.
Boas equipped with a Thunder and Orkan can deal devastating damage in a very short amount of time, with enough firepower to destroy most enemies before they can retaliate effectively. Using a Taran instead of an Orkan offers more firepower over a more sustained period of time, excelling against opponents with more firepower but less health, where the Boa can use its incredible health to great effect.
The Thunder/Storm setup has great synergy, as both weapons are the same type and deal similar damage. This build is particularly effective as a shield-breaker, as it does double damage to physical shields along with other kinetic weapons. Even at ranges of 400 meters where shotgun weapons are usually less effective, the bullet spread means that the fired bullets will still hit energy shields due to the large surface area.
- Mid-range and long range weaponry, due to low damage output, and they don't fit the Boa's role very well, as the Boa is a brawling unit.
- The use of more valuable equipment because there are better platforms for mounting premium equipment (unless you’ve won them and have no better robots to use them on)
Mark I Statistics
Mark II Statistics
Note: Level 12 Mark I is required to upgrade (purchase) to Mark II.
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 17 days 3 hours 22 minutes⟶5 days 19 hours 35 minutes|
Total Upgrade Cost: 63,940,000 Ag⟶31,970,000 Ag
|4.5.0||Removed from store|
|4.0.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 48,450,000 Ag⟶63,940,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 13 days 9 hours 20 minutes⟶17 days 3 hours 22 minutes
|3.0.1||Durability increased by 10%|
|2.4.0||New skin: Fox|
|1.7.0||Sustains more critical hits, which makes its weapons harder to destroy|
|0.9.0||Armor increased by 20%|
|0.8.4||Durability increased by 10%|
|0.2.1||Robot was added to the game|
- With a maximum health of 244,800, the Boa is fourth only to Leo, Raijin and Invader in health.
- Before British bots and WP robots were added to the game, this robot was often considered one of the best knife fighters in the game.
- Adrian Chong has included it in his “Top 5 Robots You Should Buy” Mini-series on YouTube (a while ago).
- This robot's previous design strongly resembled a toaster when its weapons got blown off and was very popular with the player base. This led to the new design being highly controversial and unpopular with some.
- The name Boa comes from the common snake called a boa-constrictor, or known as the red-tailed boa.
- In the Update 5.2.1 update, the old Boa model can be seen beside Jad Parkes’ Mercury probably the old model because Pixonic mentioned Jad likes cancelled or abandoned things, such as Bastion.
- This robot was added on June 27, 2014 and removed on November 27, 2018.