“…Long range weapon of medium power with a charge-up system: the longer you charge the weapon, the more powerful its shot. Effective only with precise aiming…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Ballista||NEXT >>|
|Damage||297 per charge|| Manual
|Range||1,100 meters|| Single Shot
|Reload||1-6 seconds|| Charge-Up
The Ballista is a long-range (up to 1,100 meters) medium energy weapon. It has a light and heavy conterpart (Arbalest and Trebuchet respectively) and can be viewed as the energy counterpart to the Weber.
The Ballista is a long-range plasma weapon and is the medium equivalent of the light weapon Arbalest and heavy weapon Trebuchet, sharing the same range, damage type, and charging mechanic. (Note the Ballista fires at 4x the rate of the Trebuchet). Just like its light and heavy counterparts, the Ballista glows when charging.
It is recommended to use the Ballista on large open maps such as Springfield, Canyon or Yamantau.
The Ballista works well with Arbalests but not as efficient with the Trebuchet due to the much slower charging speed of the Trebuchet.
Pros and Cons
- Energy attribute allows it to pierce energy shields
- High accuracy due to fast projectile speed
- 1,100 meter range allows long-range engagement and sniping
- Quick reload
- High damage when fully charged
- Single projectile means shields will soak up excess damage when destroyed
- Ineffective against physical shields
- Poor sustained Damage Per Second
- Ineffective at close range
- The glow of the weapon charging makes it easy to spot
|6.3.0||Damage per charge ↑ 10%|
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 14 days 3 hours 10 minutes⟶11 days 11 hours 10 minutes|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 17 days 3 hours 22 minutes⟶14 days 3 hours 10 minutes|
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 96,120,000 Ag⟶63,940,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 29 days 15 hours 30 minutes⟶17 days 3 hours 22 minutes
Now available for 2,500 gold (can no longer be produced via Workshop 2.0)
|4.3.0||Reload time decreased from 10 seconds → 5 seconds|
Damage decreased by 22%
|4.0.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 105,125,000 Ag⟶96,120,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 29 days 16 hours⟶29 days 15 hours 30 minutes
|3.8.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- A ballista was a missile weapon used in ancient warfare. It was able to launch large projectiles at distant targets.
- This medium weapon has the most range of its hardpoint type, with a range of 1,100 meters.