“…Heavy weapon system, consisting of three multi-barreled machine guns for close combat. One of the most quick firing weapons in the game. No physical shield will last long under the onslaught of this weapon…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Avenger||NEXT >>|
|Damage||220 per round|| Manual
|Reload||10 seconds|| Magazine
|Capacity||440 rounds|| Acceleration Mode
The Avenger has a maximum range of 500 meters but is more effective at dealing damage the closer it is the target. At its maximum range of 500 meters less bullets will hit the target due to bullet spread.
All machine guns (Punisher, Punisher T, and Avenger) and auto-cannons (Molot, Molot T, and Tempest) accelerate their firing rate up to 1.5x their usual speed if fired continuously for 3 seconds. The accelerated state ends if firing is stopped for more than 1 second or if the ammo is depleted.
The Avenger does an excellent job at depleting Energy Shields because the large area of the shield catches almost every bullet and the Avenger has a high rate of fire. The Avenger is also powerful against physical shields since it inflicts double damage.
This weapon has perfect synergy with the Punisher and Punisher T and can also pair well with the Gust and Storm shotgun weapons, as they are much better at depleting energy shields than the former and thus can allow the Avenger to cripple the enemy. It is also possible to match the Avenger with the Atomizer and Quarker (however Nucleon does better here) and even the Shredder.
Pros and Cons
- High DPS in close range (300 meters or less)
- Good DPS at medium range
- Double damage to physical shields
- After 3 seconds of firing it accelerates to 1.5x the speed
- Reduces energy barriers quickly
- Cannot penetrate shields
- Less damage the further the range
- Long reload time
- The whole magazine needs to be empty in order to reload
Accuracy By Distance
Below is the average percentage (%) of projectiles (out of 440 rounds) that hit an enemy robot (if aimed directly at) at specific ranges.
|50 meters or less||100%|
Note: The numbers shown are based on an average-sized robot being targeted. Due to this, these percentages can be higher or lower depending on the size of the targeted robot.
|6.3.0||Damage decreased by 15%|
|6.0.0||Damage decreased by 15%|
Accuracy decreased by 10%
|5.4.0||New alternative model: Yan-di Avenger (Yan-di Showdown 2019)|
|5.0.0||Accuracy decreased by 5%|
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 14 days 3 hours 10 minutes⟶11 days 11 hours 10 minutes|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 17 days 3 hours 22 minutes⟶14 days 3 hours 10 minutes|
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 96,120,000 Ag⟶63,940,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 29 days 15 hours 30 minutes⟶17 days 3 hours 22 minutes
Now available for 2,500 gold (can no longer be produced via Workshop 2.0)
|4.3.0||Damage decreased by 6%|
|4.0.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- The term 'Avenger' means to return harm to someone that did something bad to you, also known as revenge. This relates to how this weapon is able to deal massive amounts of damage.
- This is currently the weapon boasting the highest possible burst DPS.
- The Avenger's sound was changed in the 4.5 update.
- The Avenger did have a special variant (Yan-di Avenger) that was able to be won during the Yan-di Showdown event.
- The Yan-di Avenger has a unique reloading effect where its minigun barrels spin counter-clockwise half way and spin back.