|THIS IS A COMMUNITY PAGE|
IT IS OPEN TO EDITS FROM ANYONE
|Atomizer||Ivory Atomizer||Techno Atomizer|
“…Energy machine gun with unlimited ammo. High accuracy makes it effective at medium range, but the gun overheats and becomes less accurate after long bursts.…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||69||Atomizer||NEXT >>|
|Damage||410 per energy round|| Manual
|Range||500 meters|| Automatic
|Capacity||∞ energy rounds|| Instability
|Workshop Production Information|
|1 Day Cost||3 Day Cost|
The Atomizer is a close to mid-range (up to 500 meters) medium energy weapon with unlimited ammo. Its accuracy drops as it fires continuously because of its overheating mechanic. It has a light and heavy counterpart (Quarker and Nucleon respectively).
The main difference is the Atomizer can fire indefinitely. Although it has unlimited ammunition, after 5 seconds of being continuously fired the projectile dispersion increases (essentially making the weapon less accurate from a distance), due to the weapon overheating mechanic. This makes the Atomizer wildly inaccurate when firing on full overheat, even when firing from closer than its maximum range of 500 meters. Firing must be discontinued for a certain amount of time (depending on the phase of overheating) to allow the weapon's heat to dissipate, thus allowing the Atomizer to fire with more accuracy. It is recommended to fire in short bursts when engaging targets to maximize the Atomizer's damage potential at a range near 500 meters. At point-blank the weapon remains effective even if overheated.
Pros and Cons
- Infinite ammunition
- Energy shells allow penetration of energy shields
- Considerable sustained Damage Per Second, especially at close range
- 500-meter range
- Inaccuracy while overheated allows it to hit enemy robots in stealth (side effect)
- Weapon overheats when continuously fired making it lose accuracy
- To maximize damage potential the robot needs to expose itself for a relatively long time
- Must be very close to the target (<100 meters) to inflict significant damage when the weapon has reached Phase 3 of overheating
- Less effective against physical shields (to be more realistic, it's terrible against physical shields)
- Must stop firing for 5 seconds when weapon overheats(Phase 3)
|MK3||Damage per shot||Damage per magazine||DPS||Damage per particle|
Accuracy By Distance/Overheat
Below is the average percentage (%) of projectiles that hit an enemy robot (if aimed directly at) at specific ranges, when not overheated (5 seconds or less of continuous firing) compared to being fully overheated (9 seconds or more of continuous firing).
|Range||Non-Overheat Accuracy %||Max Overheat Accuracy %|
|50 meters or less||100%||100%|
Note: The numbers shown are based on an average-sized robot being targeted. Due to this, these percentages can be higher or lower depending on the size of the targeted robot.
Atomizer firing sound
Atomizer clip ending sound
|6.8.0||Shot interval: 0.1s → 0.15s|
|6.3.0||targeting issues fixed|
|6.2.0||Particle spread begins to increase after 5 seconds (was previously 2)|
Damage increased by 5%
|6.0.0||New alternative model: Ivory Atomizer (6th Anniversary)|
|5.8.0||Weapon was added to the game|
- In a remastered test server session that occurred in February 2020, the Ivory Atomizer that was available for use was bugged. Its damage values were accidentally switched with the regular Scourge, resulting in the Scourge dealing 410 damage per charge while the Ivory Atomizer dealt about 4230 damage per shot. This made the Ivory Atomizer extremely powerful. This bug was fixed when Pixonic had to do a mid-session reset of the remastered test servers.