|THIS IS A COMMUNITY PAGE|
IT IS OPEN TO EDITS FROM ANYONE
|Ao Jun||Deathwing Ao Jun|
“…Massive and tough flying robot dragon with a stealth system. Like any true dragon, it prefers to burn its enemies with fire…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||50||Ao Jun||NEXT >>|
|In-Game Cost||Real Value||Exp Level|
|Armaments||Standard Paint Jobs|
|Default Weapons||2× Thunder|
|Module Slots||Legendary Paint Jobs|
|Workshop Production Information|
|1 Day Cost||3 Day Cost|
The Ao Jun's ability is Dragon Breath.
When Dragon Breath is activated the robot rises into the air for 6 seconds, gains a 111% speed boost (95 km/h at max speed), stealth for the duration of the flight, and can damage enemies with its built-in flamethrower-type weapon (which also possesses a Damage Over Time effect). It is possible for the pilot to manually shorten the duration and land prematurely by pressing the ability button again. Doing so will automatically cancel the flight, the flamethrower, and stealth.
While in flight the robot hovers, and cannot increase or decrease altitude. It can reach a higher altitude if the ability is activated in a location higher than ground level or by using the Jump Unit Active Module.
The flamethrower functions much like the Ember, with a maximum range of 350 meters and the ability to bypass both energy and physical shields, but with the added benefit of providing DOT effect (corrosion damage).
This robot is considered the best of the three dragon bots, possessing good health, firepower, and speed. All of these qualities, in conjunction with its powerful Dragon Breath ability, mean the Ao Jun is a powerful ambusher that can inflict massive damage in short amounts of time. Other roles include defending/taking vital beacons and areas, supporting teammates or ensuring one’s survival in order to contribute more later on in the battle. Even without its ability the Ao Jun has enough firepower to hold off, cripple, or even destroy "tank" bots such as the Falcon, and can use its speed and agility while in the air to evade bots equipped with Quantum Radar.
Before launching, look for Quantum Radar's eye icon above enemies; if you see it, wait to fly until it stops. While the Ao Jun can't do much about Quantum Radar while in flight and has to use its flight agility to dodge projectiles and return fire, there's no point in taking unnecessary damage when you can avoid it. It's also recommended to take out other Ao Juns with Quantum Radar, as if you don't have it or the Yang Lee pilot you cannot effectively return fire. They pose a greater threat to you than most other bots as they can target you with their powerful built-in flamethrower even while you're in flight. It's also essential to locate a safe landing spot which can provide aquedate cover when your ability is disengaged and when you lose your stealth while landing.
An extremely important factor to take into account is your flight duration, and possibly even more importantly, your stealth duration. Since the Ao Jun doesn't have stealth while taking off and landing, there are two one-second windows to fire at it both before and after flight. Not only that, but if you don't plan your flight duration properly (factor in the Ao Jun's trippy turning speed in flight) then you might land in the open, serving as a sitting duck for enemies to open fire on you with your average firepower and low durability.
Active modules for consideration are Quantum Radar and Shieldbreaker for taking out priority cloaked and shielded robots (however don't bother with the former if your pilot is Yang Lee), Lock-Down Ammo for immobilizing enemies and making them a sitting duck for the Ao Jun's extremely powerful flamethrower, Death Mark to inflict a 20% received damage increase on an enemy, making them even more vulnerable to the Ao Jun's powerful weapons and Repair Unit or Advanced Repair Unit to regenerate any lost HP in flight, ascendance and descendance (however don't bother if you have the Mechanic pilot skill, as the Ao Jun has plenty of time to regenerate health in between flights. Adamant Mechanic is considerable.)
This robot is relatively easy to pilot. With built-in Stealth, overwhelming firepower, good acceleration, and high speed, the robot is a nightmare for most targets. However, caution must still be used when fighting similarly powerful robots, especially in Champion league as once it lands it is extremely vulnerable.
Some effective builds for the Ao Jun are:
Close Range (350m or less)
Note: Long-range setups aren’t recommended as the Ao Jun is optimized for knife-fighting. Mid-range setups are acceptable but the Ao Jun’s ability and characteristics mean that it is best used as a knife-fighter with close-range weapons.
|In the workshop Yes or No||Faction|
|Version||Exp Level||Tier||Wiki Class||Class||Ability|
|MK 1||MK 2|
Built-in Special Weapon
Can fire up to 240 liters of fuel in an 6 second span, meaning that the total burst damage (i.e., a full clip) at lvl 1 is 33,600, with a DPS of 5,600. The weapon has a 350-meter maximum range. All projectiles can deal corrosion damage for 5 seconds on the target. Fires only while flying. Manually aiming (cross-hair on target) is required for the flamethrower to be fired.
Note: Flamethrower can bypass physical and energy shields. It cannot bypass Aegis/Absorber shields, however.
|Built-in Weapon Stats|
|MK 1||MK 2|
Images may have been resized to fit in the page. Click on an image to view actual size.
|6.8.0||The Ancile can now be mounted on the Ao Jun|
|6.4.6||Stealth removed during takeoff and landing|
|6.3.0||Ability duration ↓ 2 sec|
Ability damage ↓ 20%
|6.2.2||New limited edition skin: Atomic (Operation: Thunderous Roar (Part 2))|
|6.0.1||Now available for 14,000 gold (can still be produced via Workshop 2.0)|
|6.0.0||Ability cooldown increased from 20 seconds → 22 seconds|
Flight speed decreased by 17%
New skin: Revenger (6th Anniversary)
|5.7.2||New skin: Maracatu|
Cyber skin now gives +5% bonus durability
New limited edition skin: Fatale (Operation: Dark Nebula)
New skin: Fatale
Deathwing model bonus durability increased from 5% → 10%
|5.5.0||Deathwing model gained 5% bonus durability|
|5.4.0||New limited edition skin: Polar (Operation: Raging Typhoon)|
|5.3.0||New skin: Cyber|
New alternative model: Deathwing Ao Jun (Operation: Gathering Storm)
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 49 days 8 hours 30 minutes⟶39 days 13 hours|
|4.7.0||Robot was added to the game|
- The Ao Jun's flamethrower ability and clawed feet are reminiscent of European dragons
- Ao Jun is named after 敖顺 (pronounced：Ao Shun), the White Dragon, which is the god of the West and the essence of autumn, it controls snow, hail, dew, and ice. It is supposed to be the smallest dragon n the four, but it is actually the most powerful in-game. Its ability has no affiliation at all with the myth, though.
- There is a glitch were the flamethrower does not end after the ability ends.
- The Chinese characters 白龙 ("white dragon") are written on the "nose" of the Ao Jun.
- Ao Jun's color corresponds with its dragon's color.
- The Deathwing Ao Jun in the first operation, is the only alteration that makes it look more like a real European dragon
- On Steam, Ao Jun's flamethrower has reduced rate of fire
- The Paint Job "Maracatu" (one of the three "Carnival Paint Jobs") is named after "Maracatu", a musical rhythm, dance and ritual of religious syncretism originating in the Brazilian state of Pernambuco. There are two types, depending on the "thud" or beat: Maracatu Nação ("nation") and Maracatu Rural.
- This robot was added on January 29, 2019.
- Normally, Ao Jun's cannot adjust their flying elevation unless they take off from a much higher ground level. This can be altered when they are affected by Minos and Shell's abilities, depending on their elevation and distance from the Minos, they will either fly downward or upwards continuously (obviously away from the Minos) whenever they start moving. This also applies to Ao Qin, Ao Guang, Nightingale and Hawk due to their flight mechanics being almost identical to one another.
- A game breaking bug that occurred sometime in the summer of 2020, when the player briefly disconnects then reconnects while the Ao Jun's ability is about to end, it will cause the Ao Jun's ability to remain in its stealth mode after it lands. This phenomenon was nicknamed "The Stealth Walking Ao Jun" by those who encountered it. This bug was also able to be done with other flight capable robots such as Hawk or Nightingale, and was fixed in the following update.
- Prior to Update 6.8, the Ao Jun could not use the Ancile.