“…Provides composite protection against firearms and missile weapons. Does not protect against energy weapons. Forms a protective sphere that affects all robots within its area of effect…” – in-game description
|<< PREV||Ancile||NEXT >>|
Anciles give more protection to bots at the cost of less firepower. Unlike the Ecu, the Ancile projects an energy field around the player, protecting not just the player but any allies within the field. When being shot at by kinetic weaponry an electric blue pattern made up of hexagons (similar to a honeycomb) can be seen illuminating in the direction of where the shot originated from. The shield regenerates 3% of its maximum health every second.
After the shield is depleted by enemy fire to 0 hit points it needs to regenerate 20% of its capacity in order to reactivate.
As the energy field is rather large (35 meters), Anciles are vulnerable to spread projectile weapons like Thunder or Punisher because all bullets hitting the shield will drain it. For example a Thunder at 500 meter distance would do only minimal damage to a robot due to the spread pattern however an Ancile would absorb virtually all of the projectiles and drain its hitpoints quickly. In addition, the Thunder can hit an energy shield at 530 meters because range is calculated to the robot's center mass and the Ancile's field has a 35m radius around it.
Because of the size of the energy field enemy robots can walk inside the dome and inflict direct damage to the bot without having to destroy the energy shield.
The shield can sometimes block more firepower than stated. For example if the Ancile has 1,000 health remaining, and someone shoots a burst salvo that is greater than 1,000 damage the shield will absorb the excess damage for that one salvo.
Pros and Cons
- Energy dome allows for a 360 degree field of protection from all angles
- Can shield allies
- Can regenerate-is not destroyed if shield is depleted
- Can stack (augment) built-in energy barriers
- Can be pierced by energy weapons
- Can be pierced by flamethrower weapons
- Enemies can shoot through it if inside the dome
- Must reload 20% of capacity before re-enabling
The Ancile Cannot Be Mounted On
Mark I Statistics
|Total||63,880,000||57,000+||1,860+||11 days 10 hours|
Mark II Statistics
Note: Level 12 Mark I is required to upgrade (purchase) to Mark II.
THE DATA BELOW IS AN APPROXIMATION AND NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED
|Total||63,500,000 *||?||?||11 days 11 hours|
|4.8.0||Total Upgrade Time: 14 days 2 hours⟶11 days 10 hours|
|4.7.0||Total Upgrade Time: 17 days 1 hour 48 minutes⟶14 days 2 hours|
|4.5.0||Total Upgrade Cost: 76,236,000 Ag⟶63,880,000 Ag|
Total Upgrade Time: 20 days 10 hours 24 minutes⟶17 days 1 hour 48 minutes
Can no longer be produced via Workshop 2.0
|4.3.0||Durability increased by 15%|
|4.2.0||Price changed from 1,500 gold to 10,000 Components (same value)|
|2.6.2||Bug fix: Energy shields no longer receive double damage|
Energy shield regeneration decreased to 3%
Needs 20% instead of 10% in order to reactivate when eliminated
|2.5.0||Regeneration speed increased|
|1.4.1||Now penetrable from friendly fire, meaning friendly fire can go through without being blocked|
|0.8.4||Shield was added to the game|
- Before the update 3. Carnage shield was regenerating less % per second (about 1% per second), but with lower activation threshold (about 10% of capacity).
- The Ancile was introduced as part of the update 0.8.4
- In ancient Rome, the Ancile was a divine shield said to have fallen from the heavens. Eleven replicas were made in order to confuse thieves trying to steal the actual shield.
- The Ancile is no longer the rarest ‘weapon’ to be seen on the battlefield in the game. This is due to the recent buff to it, the fact that it counters the midrange splash meta well, and that Ancilots (Lancelots with an Ancile) are near unstoppable (because of both the physical shields and the Ancile), except when using the Ember as it bypasses both.
- Before Update 1.4.1, energy shields, including the Ancile, blocked friendly fire, though it did not drain from the shield. If an ally shot from within the field, the shot went through like normal. As with enemy energy weapons, friendly energy weapon fire was able to pass through the shield.
- Ancile cannot be equipped on any of Butch's or Bulwark's hardpoints. Otherwise, the robots would be too overpowered.
- When the shield is depleted. the armored plates of the ancile closes. It is likely this animation is played to show that the shield is inactive.
- When equipped with an Ancile, the Leo is sometimes called a "Pothead Leo" and the Lancelot is nicknamed "Ancilot."